Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 28, 2012, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mmeade0038 View Post
    It was around a month. And yes she did. With one of her guy friends. Only she didn't even tell him when she was hanging out with her friends.
    So he jumped right into a relationship with you and is making you pay for what she did. You can't have any guy friends, you have to tell him where you are going, you have to be home before dark... Don't you see what is going on here? Not only are you a rebound, but you are the tool he uses to fix what he perceives to have gone wrong.
    This relationship is not healthy.
    mmeade0038 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2012, 11:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    So doing everything he says and never disagreeing with him is your way of not hurting him?
    Well I know he's very attached to me, and he often says that he'd never be able to live without me. That I saved him. He's talked of getting engaged.. not for a few years of course, but still.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 28, 2012, 11:27 AM
    Well I know he's very attached to me, and he often says that he'd never be able to live without me. That I saved him. He's talked of getting engaged.. not for a few years of course, but still.
    Saved him from what?

Sep 28, 2012, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    So he jumped right into a relationship with you and is making you pay for what she did. You can't have any guy friends, you have to tell him where you are going, you have to be home before dark...Don't you see what is going on here? Not only are you a rebound, but you are the tool he uses to fix what he perceives to have gone wrong.
    This relationship is not healthy.
    I don't think I'm a rebound, they usually don't last this long. And he does have feelings for me... whether they are physical or emotional I can't always tell.

Sep 28, 2012, 11:31 AM
    Saved him from what?
    From a life filled with pain and loneliness. He was going to join the army after his ex, because he didn't care if he lived or not.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 28, 2012, 11:54 AM
    from a life filled with pain and loneliness. He was going to join the army after his ex, because he didn't care if he lived or not.
    Oh, my! Now if only I had a bridge to sell you...

And you believe this? (He never gave himself time to heal after his breakup, and there you were to "save" him.)

Sep 28, 2012, 12:04 PM
    Oh, my! Now if only I had a bridge to sell you....

And you believe this? (He never gave himself time to heal after his breakup, and there you were to "save" him.)
    I find it hard to believe but I didn't question it. I know that people heal in different ways. I've only just now gotten oven my last.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 28, 2012, 12:21 PM
    So where are you now with this?

Sep 28, 2012, 12:24 PM
    So where are you now with this?
    I think I'm going to talk to a few of my friends... see what they think, and probably go on the trip anyway and deal with whatever consequences arise.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 28, 2012, 12:37 PM
    If you can help him learn to trust and to relax his grip on you, you would be giving him a huge gift. I truly hope that will happen. If anyone can do it for him, I think you are the one.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 28, 2012, 01:49 PM
    I don't think I'm a rebound, they usually don't last this long. And he does have feelings for me... whether they are physical or emotional I can't always tell.
    You have only been with this guy 7 months. You were a rebound and he will stay with you as long as you let him run your life and treat you like a child. He was not over this girl, he was angry and hurt. You are a pliable band-aide.
    As puritanical as he is how does he feel about the fact that you are not a virgin?

Sep 28, 2012, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    You have only been with this guy 7 months. You were a rebound and he will stay with you as long as you let him run your life and treat you like a child. He was not over this girl, he was angry and hurt. You are a pliable band-aide.
    As puritanical as he is how does he feel about the fact that you are not a virgin?
    He's okay with it, he isn't either. We haven't had sex together though, we both agreed to wait.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 28, 2012, 05:15 PM
    He's okay with it, he isn't either. We haven't had sex together though, we both agreed to wait.
    Well that's good. I hope you wise up and leave this boy alone or at least stop allowing him to run your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my boyfriend controlling? [ 17 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for about 7 months now. I'm 18 and he's 24. He says he gets nervous when I go out because I drink sometimes or he doesn't know who I'm with but then he never comes out with me. I tell him if he's so worried he should be there. He constantly texts me all day long and...

What to do about a controlling boyfriend? [ 14 Answers ]

In July of 2008, my boyfriend and I met. Everything was going amazing and everything but about a year or so after, everything changed. I was only allowed to talk to a few people and then it turned into none. He has all of my passwords to everything, tracks my phone bill to know who I talk to and...

Boyfriend controlling [ 2 Answers ]

My partner and I have children from past relationships. His x dragged him through court a couple of years ago to deal with it all. My x lives in another country and has no contact with his daughter. He has come over to see her, the csa has stopped him from leaving the country until he comes up with...

Is my boyfriend controlling [ 4 Answers ]

I have been in my current relationship for 10 months and everything is going great. But my boyfriend seems like he is controlling I really think so but I kind of think it's love because I've never had a man care about my whereabouts like that. He tells me it's to know where I am in case something...

Boyfriend worries [ 8 Answers ]

I got together with my boyfriend while he was seeing someone else. Now they have broken up and we are together.. but his family doesn't know as they are still close friends with his ex He says he is going to tell them in the next week His ex came down to stay recently at his family home... but...

View more questions Search