Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Birdiebar Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2012, 08:39 PM
    Girl ghost in fireplace
    All I remember is a little girl ghost whose remains were found in this huge fireplace that goes under the house I believe. The ghost is discovered after someone finds her gold necklace. It was an 70's or 80's movie. Please help!
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2012, 09:52 PM
    Is it Ghost Story (1981) - IMDb
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Sep 27, 2012, 10:33 PM
    Love the movie Ghost Story, but there's no fireplace discovery... the young lady, after having hit her head, is put in a car and rolled into a lake, where the 4 young men (who all have fallen for her) see at the last moment that she is still alive... fantasticc show of revenge! Anyway, think the poster might (might!) be looking for this:
    Mystery Mansion Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
    StreetRat Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Sep 28, 2012, 06:45 AM
    It's not from the 70's or 80's, but that scene sounds a lot like one from The Haunting (1999) - IMDb

Sep 28, 2012, 07:22 AM
    It's not The Haunting. I don't think it's Ghost Story from watching the trailer. And I can't tell by the movie poster if its Mystery Mansion. I wish I remembered more!
    StreetRat Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Sep 28, 2012, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdiebar View Post
    It's not The Haunting. I don't think it's Ghost Story from watching the trailer. And I can't tell by the movie poster if its Mystery Mansion. I wish I remembered more!
    Here's about 4 minutes of footage from the movie. Between this and the comments, it should help you determine if Mystery Mansion is the movie you're remembering.

Mystery Mansion (1983), clips - Karen Renee - YouTube
    Movie Expert

Sep 28, 2012, 09:02 AM
    The reason I posted the review portion of the IMDB web site is because the second review talks about finding the bones of a girl named Rachel...

Sep 28, 2012, 04:10 PM
    OMG that is it! I remembered it as I was watching that! Now I'm going to have to FIND IT! Thank you thank you thank you! I've been searching for this movie since I was like 15! Thank you!
    Movie Expert

Sep 28, 2012, 04:26 PM
    Yay! Mystery solved... :)

Sep 28, 2012, 04:36 PM
    I'm not paying $40 for a vhs but I'll pay $15 for a used dvd lol!

Sep 28, 2012, 08:40 PM
    How ironic is it that Ghost Story is on demand?! I'll be watching that tom!
    Movie Expert

Sep 28, 2012, 11:39 PM
    It's a good show... the lead actress is gorgeous, and the storyline is engaging, bonus and bonus!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie about a girl who becomes a ghost and doesn't know it? [ 0 Answers ]

Movie about a girl who becomes a ghost and doesn't know it until a bus comes at her and drives right through her.

Ghost movie with a little girl [ 1 Answers ]

Hello When I was little my big sister was looking a scary movie with a little girl, her hair was black and she was payging'hide'with a ghost, I think his name was charlie.. I want to see that movie so damn much! Does anyone know's witch movie that is??

Girl ghost movie: a guy meets a beautiful girl and falls in love with her [ 1 Answers ]

He takes to her home and looks for her the next day, only to find out that she died years ago, he visits her tomb and finds something she was wearing when they met. PLEASE what is the name of the movie?

Movie with a medium and ghost girl [ 2 Answers ]

There was this movie on TV once when I was little, and I only got to see the beginning, and I remember it started with us getting to see what happened in a hotel. There was this giant woman(not really sure but I think she was) who went into an elevator. I think she was a servant or something, and...

Ghost movies from late 80s early 90s about a girl who sees her boyfriend ghost who di [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a movie about a girl whose boyfriend died in a plane crash and she starts seen his ghost, then she has somekind of accident and goes into a comma and then her spirit meets with her boyfriends spirit and the hospital where she is and she can she her body lying on the bed. At the end of the...

View more questions Search