Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelgirls Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2012, 06:59 PM
    Hundreds
    What two hundreds is 4,920 between? I say 9 and 49 because there are 9 hundreds and 49 hundreds in this number.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 27, 2012, 07:05 PM
    Is that the exact question from your book? Are you trying to find out what number it rounds to in the hundreds place?
    angelgirls Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2012, 07:14 PM
    This is a worksheet, my daughter's school does not give them text books. That was the exact questions. There were no examples given and my daughter does not understand the question, neither do I but we tried to come up with what we thought they were asking for.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 27, 2012, 07:42 PM
    Poorly worded question if I read this right, it would be between 49 hundreds and 50 hundreds. Was the worksheet typed or was it a printed worksheet froma publishers text?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 27, 2012, 08:00 PM
    I would say 5,000 and 4,900. If she is in 4th grade, we do this to estimate which number it is closest to. So rounding to the nearest hundred, 4920 rounds down to 4900. The next closest is 5,000.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who won the hundreds' year war? [ 1 Answers ]

Need help on my history homework also I don't want questions like no one

Hundreds gather to end global warming [ 11 Answers ]

And some even brought syrup to make icees!

Speeding Ticket - Received hundreds of miles from home [ 11 Answers ]

I just received a speeding ticket several hundred miles from my home. This is making it very difficult to find an attorney and to represent myself. I do plan to fight the ticket. Does anyone know how I might find a lawyer in Odem, Texas. Unfortunately, a very small city that does not appear to...

Ripped off by employer to the tune of hundreds of 1000's [ 6 Answers ]

I worked as a 100% commission sales rep for small company for which I brought in millions of $$ in sales volume annually (I was there 5 years). The owner used the company as a personal ATM and frequently got in cash flow crunches which resulted in a myriad of negative consequences - not the least...

Hundreds of miles away [ 9 Answers ]

:( I moved to Ohio about 10 months ago. My ex husband has custody of our kids. I gave him custody because I couldn't take care of them when we divorced. Long story, I did not want to put them through being fought over, if you can understand that. My Question is though, I want to have them for some...

View more questions Search