Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mark971 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2012, 12:19 AM
    What is breach of contract on student loans
    I have student loans which states I will receive 13.5 credits per quarter but was only scheduled by school for 4.5 one quarter, 9 for second quarter, and 9 for the last. Does this constitute breach of contract on said loan and debt? I also have federal student loans on top of private loans.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 27, 2012, 02:22 AM
    Your post is not clear, a student loan has nothing to do with how many credit hours youenroll in. Your student loan pays the school and/or you money for attending college, normally at least 1/2 time.

The number of credit hours you enroll in depends on what you sign up for.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 27, 2012, 02:23 AM
    Student loans have to be paid back; breach of the contract means you haven't made any payments towards the loans.

Sep 27, 2012, 02:27 AM
    I figured that it was, I am contracted to graduate in march but now they are telling me June. So I will give my oral notice tomorrow and cancel classes for spring, then send their written notice with disclosure within 10 days. I would like to thank you happyjohn!!

Sep 27, 2012, 02:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Student loans have to be paid back; breach of the contract means you havent made any payments towards the loans.
    The contract is for services rendered, if said service that is contracted for is not provided they breach said contract making contract for payment null invoid.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 27, 2012, 02:52 AM
    Again, a student loan has nothing to do with the number of classes or credits. It is an agreement to pay the school for you to attend, You not signing up for enough classes, or having to take another semister to granduate does not make anything void. If they paid the school, then they provided the only service they agreed to in the loan.

Your agreement with the school, is the issue about number of classes

Sep 27, 2012, 02:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Again, a student loan has nothing to do with the number of classes or credits. it is an agreement to pay the school for you to attend, You not signing up for enough classes, or having to take another semister to granduate does not make anything void. If they paid the school, then they provided the only service they agreed to in the loan.

Your agreement with the school, is the issue about number of classes
    My end of promisary note(contract) is to pay loan their agreement to note is to provide services as stated on contract which states the school is to provide 13.5 credit hours for each quarter. They are not hence breach of contract making promisary note null invoid. I should have stated they are pre scheduled for program I can not choose classes.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 27, 2012, 03:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mark971 View Post
    the contract is for services rendered, if said service that is contracted for is not provided they breach said contract making contract for payment null invoid.
    You are saying you don't have to pay back student loans? You are answering your own question? Would you care to explain how you get out of paying student loans? I am sure other students who pay high tuition and have borrowed money would like to know how they don't have to pay it back.

Either I am not understanding your original question, and possibly not understand this post of yours.

Chuck, can you explain this to me please if I am missing something.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 27, 2012, 03:16 AM
    I've heard of student loans that require that you be a full time student which can mean a minimum of credits.

But unless the loan was with the school, they are not bound by the terms of the loan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I still get government student loans while I have several loans in deferment? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi there! Wasn't sure where to post this. I'm 22, and I have 3 student loans, one of them is with Direct Loan, the US Dept. of Ed, and 2 more with Wells Fargo. All 3 of these loans were past due 100 to 145 days. I recently had them all deferred due to economic hardship (they are NOT in default)....

Breach of contract [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between breach by anticipatory repudiation and breach by nonperformnce? Please give examples of each.

Breach of contract [ 1 Answers ]

If I'm in a verbal contract with a company that said they would give me five days to see if I can handle the volume and to make a decision on delivering 5000 t-shirts are they liable for breach of contract?

Breach of contract [ 2 Answers ]

I signed a contract to buy and put up 1000.00 earnest money . I know my cash is gone , but the contractor built a garage because it was stated that we asked for it in the contract which we did , but it has taken a lot longer than expected and the times seem to be getting tougher ,so can we breach...

Breach of Contract [ 2 Answers ]

To whom it may concern, I am a president of a non-profit Inc. We sold a house for 119,500.00 and received a 350.. 00 for earnest money... Loan is OK, Buyers are not calling nor returning calls, It is apparent that they may be breaching the contract. What should we do, Thank you Derek...

View more questions Search