Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bryanviper Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2012, 08:22 PM
    Genital Warts Question?
    Hello,

I'm 26 & noticed I had Genital Warts at Least 1 year ago when I think they started to appear. I only started to treat them about 9 months later because at first I did not think anything of them & after had read they would go away in time. At the end of April I got them frozen and they fell off a week or 2 later. However about a month later they came back so I went to another doctor and got them cut off at the beginning of June.

Since having them cut off they have not come back and its
    antoinette12508 Posts: 24, Reputation: -2

Sep 26, 2012, 09:11 PM
    Well I learned in medical assistant courses that warts that appear on the body appear on the body will go into dormet stage after a period but it all depends on what type you have and your immune system, if you have a high white blood count you will get rid of them faster but if you have a lower count then you will heal slower, cause of the fact that the white blood cells are practically the body's defense system, they fight off the antigens which are the foreign antibodies that form when the body is fighting off an infection. Long story short everyone is different I know a couple things to promp up your immune system is to eat healthy, greens, protein, orange juice/ oranges etc. Be active, and it will also help to try and eliminate stress, stress is also a trigger for them to come out of dormet stage, buy anyway you should really have them analyzed by your doctor and have him/her explain what type cause some are more vicious then others, and have him check your white blood count that should help to. Anyway I hope this helps
    bryanviper Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2012, 08:55 AM
    Seems like my question got cut off...

""
    About 1 year ago I realized I had genital Warts however i only got it treated about 9 months later because at first i did not realize what it was & i had read that it would go away overtime. So I got them treated end of April where my doctor froze them & they fell off after a week or so, i was also given something to rub in the effected area which was pretty expensive.

about a month later they re appeared and i went to another doctor and they cut the warts off with some electrical thing. That was at the begining of June.

It is now end of sept & i have not had anymore warts come back. Im wondering is it safe to have Sex with a condom? can my partner still get it from me? Since its been a year is it probably out of my system now?

thanks for the help.
    ""
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 27, 2012, 09:27 AM
    If you were contagious, the condom would have to cover where all the warts were.
    But I don't think you can safely say they are gone after 4 months. They can recur after years.
    antoinette12508 Posts: 24, Reputation: -2

Sep 27, 2012, 10:02 AM
    That's not true even with a condom and no signs you can still spread them, even thoe you use a condom your testicles are still exposed to the other persons genial area. Yes you are contagious. Your partner has to know what you have and be OK with it, you can get sued for not telling them what you have and passing it along, even if the other person sleeps around and won't know it was you, its just not right to keep it as a secret.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2012, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by antoinette12508 View Post
    Well I learned in medical assistant courses that warts that appear on the body appear on the body will go into dormet stage after a period of time but it all depends on what type you have and your immune system, if you have a high white blood count you will get rid of them faster but if you have a lower count then you will heal slower, cause of the fact that the white blood cells are practically the body's defense system, they fight off the antigens which are the foreign antibodies that form when the body is fighting off an infection. Long story short everyone is different I know a couple things to promp up your immune system is to eat healthy, greens, protein, orange juice/ oranges ect. Be active, and it will also help to try and eliminate stress, stress is also a trigger for them to come out of dormet stage, buy anyway you should really have them analyzed by your doctor and have him/her explain what type cause some are more vicious then others, and have him check your white blood count that should help to. Anyway I hope this helps

"Attempting to boost the cells of the immune system is especially complicated because there are so many different kinds of cells in the immune system that respond to so many different microbes in so many ways. Which cells should you boost, and to what number? So far, scientists do not know the answer. What is known is that the body is continually generating immune cells. Certainly it produces many more lymphocytes than it can possibly use. The extra cells remove themselves through a natural process of cell death called apoptosis — some before they see any action, some after the battle is won. No one knows how many cells or what kinds of cells the immune system needs to function at its optimum level." How to boost your immune system : Harvard Health Publications - Harvard Health Publications

Dormet? Do you mean dormant?
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2012, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by antoinette12508 View Post
    That's not true even with a condom and no signs you can still spread them, even thoe you use a condom your testicles are still exposed to the other persons genial area. Yes you are contagious. Your partner has to know what you have and be ok with it, you can get sued for not telling them what you have and passing it along, even if the other person sleeps around and won't know it was you, its just not right to keep it as a secret.

I'd like more info about getting sued for passing along genital warts. I'm not aware of any cases. Where have people sued - not for HIV or AIDS, for genital warts?
    kteabaker Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2012, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I'd like more info about getting sued for passing along genital warts. I'm not aware of any cases. Where have people sued - not for HIV or AIDS, for genital warts?
    Very interested in this so I looked it up;
    The latest figures from the federal Centers for Disease Control, over 1.1 million people in the US are HIV positive and over 19 million people in the US per year are infected with a sexually transmitted disease (STD).  Because HIV and STDs are mainly spread through sexual activity, new infections are generally preventable through personal choices.   Because of this, many states have passed laws requiring persons who are HIV positive or have an STD to either refrain from sex or to inform their partners prior to sexual activity.

Some have argued that by engaging in consensual sex, the plaintiff may have assumed the risk of contracting an STD, or should otherwise be barred from suing their partner for acquiring the STD.  However, some courts have also held that sex can not be deemed consensual sex when one person has an STD and doesn't inform their partner of their status because the plaintiff would never have had sexual contact with the defendant if the plaintiff had known of the defendant’s condition.

The court cases regarding liability for transmitting an STD are not limited to sexual activity. In a case involving a wrestler who had herpes sores on his skin the New York Court of Appeals ruled that persons infected with herpes must avoid skin to skin contact with anyone, not just sexual partners, when they have an outbreak

Though most states allow a person who contracted an STD to bring a court action against the responsible party, there is no nationwide rule about sexually transmitted diseases.  Many states have criminal statutes specifically covering the negligent or intentional transmission of HIV, but only a few states have statutes specifically listing STDs.  Thus, a lawsuit brought because of herpes, chlamydia, syphilis or gonorrhea is typically brought as a personal injury action

Sep 28, 2012, 04:26 PM
    Here's the law I hope this feud between you and the other is done... Laws vary based upon where you live. In general you can sue someone for giving you herpes in the United States. The tort is called wrongful infection of a sexually transmitted disease.”
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 28, 2012, 04:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kteabaker View Post
    Here's the law I hope this feud between you and the other is done...Laws vary based upon where you live. In general you can sue someone for giving you herpes in the United States. The tort is called wrongful infection of a sexually transmitted disease.”
    I'd like to see where you got this from. A link, the law book and page number, anything.

I recently saw a case of a man that knowingly and willfully slept with hundreds of women because he wanted to infect them with HIV. He knew he was HIV positive and never told his lovers. They had a documentary about it. I only wish I could remember his name.

Long story short, they sued, took him to court, and he wasn't prosecuted, even though they had proof that he's known for years that he's HIV positive, and didn't disclose that fact to any of his lovers. In fact he told his lovers that he was free and clear and convinced them to have sex without protection. Six of the women he slept with were on the documentary. Five of them had HIV, from him. They lost the case.

HIV is deadly. Genital warts aren't fun, but they're not deadly. I'd really like to see the law on this. You said it exists. Was it wikipedia, or a reliable source?
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2012, 05:17 PM
    Here's the law I hope this feud between you and the other is done...Laws vary based upon where you live. In general you can sue someone for giving you herpes in the United States. The tort is called wrongful infection of a sexually transmitted disease.”

No problem if this is the law - but I need more than your word. "In general" does not count. I'd like a specific citation, a specific case, a specific law.

Interesting that you quoted me and not the "other one." By any chance do you have another user name?

Moderator, please check.
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2012, 05:19 PM
    Very interested in this so I looked it up;
    the latest figures from the federal Centers for Disease Control, over 1.1 million people in the US are HIV positive and over 19 million people in the US per year are infected with a sexually transmitted disease (STD).  Because HIV and STDs are mainly spread through sexual activity, new infections are generally preventable through personal choices.   Because of this, many states have passed laws requiring persons who are HIV positive or have an STD to either refrain from sex or to inform their partners prior to sexual activity.

Some have argued that by engaging in consensual sex, the plaintiff may have assumed the risk of contracting an STD, or should otherwise be barred from suing their partner for acquiring the STD.  However, some courts have also held that sex can not be deemed consensual sex when one person has an STD and doesn't inform their partner of their status because the plaintiff would never have had sexual contact with the defendant if the plaintiff had known of the defendant’s condition.

The court cases regarding liability for transmitting an STD are not limited to sexual activity. In a case involving a wrestler who had herpes sores on his skin the New York Court of Appeals ruled that persons infected with herpes must avoid skin to skin contact with anyone, not just sexual partners, when they have an outbreak

Though most states allow a person who contracted an STD to bring a court action against the responsible party, there is no nationwide rule about sexually transmitted diseases.  Many states have criminal statutes specifically covering the negligent or intentional transmission of HIV, but only a few states have statutes specifically listing STDs.  Thus, a lawsuit brought because of herpes, chlamydia, syphilis or gonorrhea is typically brought as a personal injury action

Are you aware that quoting without giving the source is plagerism and that IS illegal - ?

Where are you reading this?

"Many States" and a "few State" help no one.

Just sayin'.

I am well aware of what is involved in personal injury actions. What other category would this be?

Sep 28, 2012, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I'd like to see where you got this from. A link, the law book and page number, anything.

I recently saw a case of a man that knowingly and willfully slept with hundreds of women because he wanted to infect them with HIV. He knew he was HIV positive and never told his lovers. They had a documentary about it. I only wish I could remember his name.

Long story short, they sued, took him to court, and he wasn't prosecuted, even though they had proof that he's known for years that he's HIV positive, and didn't disclose that fact to any of his lovers. In fact he told his lovers that he was free and clear and convinced them to have sex without protection. Six of the women he slept with were on the documentary. Five of them had HIV, from him. They lost the case.

HIV is deadly. Genital warts aren't fun, but they're not deadly. I'd really like to see the law on this. You said it exists. Was it wikipedia, or a reliable source?
    I seen that same thing about the guy who spread hiv and made a video right? That was real messed up. The website from the first post was from resources.lawinfo.com and that last one I will find for you, its just crazy how people are, just like this guy who wrote the post, he could possibly has a law suit on his hands, if he knew who the person was that gave it to him, but you also have to remember that when contracting this disease it could take a couple days or even years to actually show...
    Pets Expert

Sep 28, 2012, 05:32 PM
    I seen that same thing about the guy who spread hiv and made a video right? That was real messed up. The website from the first post was from resources.lawinfo.com and that last one I will find for you, its just crazy how people are, just like this guy who wrote the post, he could possibly has a law suit on his hands, if he knew who the person was that gave it to him, but you also have to remember that when contracting this disease it could take a couple days or even years to actually show...
    But that's just it.

The OP is on here asking how to prevent spreading this STD. I can't see there being a law saying "if you have a sexually transmitted disease, then you're celibate, and if you're not, then prepared to be sued".

Fact is, any time anyone has sex, there's a risk. It's a no brainer. Sex= the possibility of an STD, or pregnancy. Anyone old enough to have sex, should be old enough to know the risks.

I agree that the OP should tell any potential sexual partners of his STD. But, should he be sued if that partner gets genital warts? I think it's a grey area.

I'd really like to read the precedent on this.

Sep 28, 2012, 05:53 PM
    Sorry it was actually medicinenet.com
    Pets Expert

Sep 28, 2012, 06:00 PM
    Sorry it was actually medicinenet.com
    Not to nag, but I really don't have the time to go through an entire site looking for the one part that shows the law on genital warts.

Can you post a link that directs me to the exact part where genital warts and the law are mentioned?

Sep 28, 2012, 06:03 PM
    http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/06/herpes_verdict_in_portland_wom.html?mobRedir=false
    Should be worth your time to look here too

Sep 28, 2012, 06:06 PM
    But that's just it.

The OP is on here asking how to prevent spreading this STD. I can't see there being a law saying "if you have a sexually transmitted disease, then you're celibate, and if you're not, then prepared to be sued".

Fact is, any time anyone has sex, there's a risk. It's a no brainer. Sex= the possibility of an STD, or pregnancy. Anyone old enough to have sex, should be old enough to know the risks.

I agree that the OP should tell any potential sexual partners of his STD. But, should he be sued if that partner gets genital warts? I think it's a grey area.

I'd really like to read the precedent on this.
    As long as the person who he is trying to be intimate with knows what he has and have said its OK then that's the only way to go...
    Pets Expert

Sep 28, 2012, 06:13 PM
    I'll take a look at your new link, because I'm interested in the precedent, law wise.

I do agree that anyone with an STD that's sexually active, should disclose this issue to any sexual partner he/she has. I'm just not aware of there being a law to do so, or that a failure to do so would lead to prosecution. As I said in my earlier post, that's not been what I've seen or read. It's a very cloudy legal issue.
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2012, 06:15 PM
    I'll take a look at your new link, because I'm interested in the precedent, law wise.

I do agree that anyone with an STD that's sexually active, should disclose this issue to any sexual partner he/she has. I'm just not aware of there being a law to do so, or that a failure to do so would lead to prosecution. As I said in my earlier post, that's not been what I've seen or read. It's a very cloudy legal issue.

Every lawsuit filed in NY has been thrown out or no caused. A case that was filed in Portland is meaningless unless you're in Portland.

There is also a difference between AIDS and HIV, which can be deadly, and genital warts.

Proof in these cases is almost impossible and turns into he says/she says. You told me you have genital warts. I say, "Okay" and we have sex. I get genital warts. I say you never told me. You say you did. Then what happens? Of course, that's why I have a job.

This thread isn't about the law, however. Wonder if it could be split apart and posted on a legal board?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Genital warts [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Im 19 years old. I have had GW(Genital Warts) for almost 3 or 4 years now. I am VERY uncomfortable with my vagina! & Im embarrassed about it. Some are flat & some are colieflower shaped & around my anus. What should I do, PLEASE HELP!

Genital warts [ 0 Answers ]

I was just diagnosised today with having what the dermotologist thought was genital warts. She treated them as if that's what they were. How would I know for sure if that's what it is? They don't hurt or bother me at all. I don't even know that I even have it until I wipe after using the...

Genital warts [ 6 Answers ]

I have genital warts and I wanted to know if I get pregnant would I pass it to my baby through a normal birth? And I haven't broke out for about 9 months now.

What's the difference between genital warts and genital calluses? [ 2 Answers ]

I think I may have one or the other, but I'm not sure which. How do you tell them apart, and are they treatable? I just have one little white bump around the opening, which is pushing me towards callouses because I have heard that warts come in goups and are painful, while this doesn't bother me...

Genital warts [ 1 Answers ]

My 21 yr old has just been diagnosed with genital warts and has just received the first treatment. My question is can it be transferred here in the bathroom?(ie,toilet contact)

View more questions Search