Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mobess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2007, 09:37 PM
    taxes on inherited annuities
    I inherited money from two annuities after my mothers death last year. I have received

1099 form stating the amount that is taxable. AmI required to pay taxes on these ,or is the full value that I received a part of non taxed inheritance?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 11, 2007, 08:56 PM
    The money you received was tax-deferred, so, yes, it IS taxable as income taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes on an inherited annuity [ 3 Answers ]

My father passed away in 2005 and bequeathed his annuity to me and my sister. The funds (approximately $16,000 each) were distributed in 2006 and his estate paid the Federal and Colorado State taxes on it before my sister and I received our share. Because I deposited the entire amount into the...

Taxes on inherited property [ 4 Answers ]

I inherited property from step mother who had life estate of property which belonged to my father. My brother had already past away but had two daughters so I received 1/2 and they 1/4 each. Do I have to figure taxes on my half? Do I have to pay taxes on it or report it on my taxes? Thanks for your...

Inherited Property Being Sold- Taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

My father died and left property in trust for my mother, my brother and I. (40 years ago.) My mother dies in 1989, and the property transferred to my brother and I. The trust was dissolved in 1994. I have paid taxes on this property continuously. The property value has increased 10x. It...

Paying taxes on inherited annuity [ 1 Answers ]

My brother and I were beneficiary of an annuity. I understand we pay taxes on the taxable amount listed in box 2a of the 1099. My question is... do I treat this as income adding it to myearned income and possibly raising my tax bracket, or do I pay taxes based on the earned income bracket? ...

Taxes on inherited property sold [ 0 Answers ]

My siblings and I inherited our parents house after their death. It was in poor condition. We had it appraised for $132,000 and sold it for $125,000. Do we owe any federal income tax on it? All I have read so far indicates that we do not. But, how to we file, since the mortgage company that...

View more questions Search