Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ankitdxt79 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2012, 08:44 AM
    How to improve the vocabulary??
    Hi,guys,, I just want to know that,, my english is good when am writing but as soon as I start the same i.e.. speaking something,, I did nt get words to speak... :P
    And I used to get choke at those moments..!
    Pplz suggest me something... what should I do
    ??
    So that I could make command over the language...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2012, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitdxt79 View Post
    hi,guys,,,,,,i just want to know that,,,,my english is good when am writing but as soon as i start the same ie., speaking something,,,,,i did nt get words to speak...:P
    and i used to get choke at those moments....!!!
    pplz suggest me something...what should i do
    ???????????????
    so that i could make command over the language....

I don't think your English is "good" when you are writing - and I've read your other threads. I realize it's a second language and perhaps that's why you consider it "good."

Your other posts are very difficult to understand. This, for example, is almost impossible - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mental...do-704463.html. Part of the problem appears to be punctuation - multiple question marks, multiple exclamation marks.

Have you taken classes? Do you do a lot of reading?

Sep 26, 2012, 09:04 AM
    That's what I'm asking... what should I do..? help me out man,,
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2012, 09:09 AM
    First, when writing, you must make every effort to spell and punctuate correctly.

Show me you can do that.

Sep 26, 2012, 09:13 AM
    How I can show it to you?
    I can simply say I can write what I wish to,but when it comes to the speaking session,something always choke me,, and there then occur a lot of a-a-a-a-a while I'm speaking!
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2012, 09:15 AM
    thats what i m asking.......what shud i do.....??????help me out man,,,,

I would pay special attention to punctuation - this is a second language for you, I realize, but it's your punctuation that is causing me problems, not your spelling -

This would be easier to read: "That's what I'm asking. What should I do?" The help me out man is unnecessary, plus I'm a woman. Are you in India? I notice the frequent use of "dear," "sweetie" and "man" when people from India post. I'm not sure that you - or the other people - understand their meaning.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2012, 09:16 AM
    how i can show it to you?
    i can simply say i can write what i wish to,but when it comes to the speaking session,something always choke me,,,,,and there then occur a lot of a-a-a-a-a while i m speaking!!
    First show me you can write well. Like this --

"How can I show you? I can simply say I can write what I wish to, but when it comes to speaking, something always chokes me...and there then are a lot of a-a-a-a-a's while I'm speaking!"
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2012, 09:19 AM
    Public speaking gets easier with two prerequisites:
    - experience (doing it often)
    - being knowledgeable in the subject

The first is simply a matter of doing it. The second is being prepared.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2012, 09:25 AM
    Read children's stories and poems in English out loud. Do this over and over again. Here is a link --

Children's Short Stories

Sep 26, 2012, 09:25 AM
    @wondergirl,
    I request you to please read my other threads,and notice where I'm lacking... so that I can work on that particular portion,, although I know I have to work a lot on this language!!
    Please!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2012, 09:29 AM
    @wondergirl,
    i request u to please read my other threads,and notice where i m lacking... so that i can work on that particular portion,,,,although i know i have to work a lot on this language!!!
    please!!
    We have told you to cut off so much punctuation. You are not even trying to do that.

I had coworkers from Kashmir and Delhi and Punjab. All spoke good English with a British pronunciation.

Slow down when you speak English. Think before you talk.

Sep 26, 2012, 09:33 AM
    U mean to say that there is a problem with my punctuation!
    Anything else??
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2012, 09:34 AM
    u mean to say that there is a problem with my punctuation!!
    anything else???

I'm not WG - but you asked for advice. I have repeatedly told you that you are using excessive punctuation, advice which you have chosen to ignore.

Here’s the post that is almost impossible to understand. I also, for what it’s worth, find your language (which is vulgar) to be inappropriate (is that an example of your "good" English? I think you could have done much, much better but chose not to):

“its like i was enjoying my life very much with my friends and suddenly there was a drastic change....my friends for whom i was ready to even die for,,,they betrayed me....i felt like i was used...(EX: my friend,she was single..,she does like my roomate very much,but he was completely ,,unknown to each other,n only i noe how hectic it was to get them into relation,,,,from a friendship)it was me that helped them to get united...and in current time they are called as one of the strongest pairs in campus...they were fighting actually one day,,,,when my roomate told me to stop this,,,so i do,,,,n she said ,,,WHO THE HELL ARE U TO INTERFERE IN BETWEEN US???GET LOST....N DONT SHOW UR FACE HERE AGAIN...!!!
    N I WAS LIKE O !!
    WTF HAD JUST HAPPENED?
    i was used,,,,in the same way all my friends are now far beyond from me,,,even i dont know what actually happened to all those rascals!!
    N MY STATUS IS VERY WORSE THESE DAYZ,,I USED TO SIT ALONE IN CLASS,GET BACK TO HOSTEL AND WHAT I SEE IS THE ABSENCE OF MY ROOMATE(since he goes off his gf)...N WHAT I DO IS JUST TO STARE THE WALLS....M REALLY PISSED OFF...SEEMS NOTHING LEFT IN MY LIFE ANY MORE,,,,,THEN 2DAY I HAD A TALK WITH HER THAT I GAVE MY BEST FRIEND N U SAY,,U THE HELL U R??SHE APOLOGIZED FOR HER MISTAKE,,,,,NOW MY ROOMATE IS NOT AT ALL TALKING WITH ME,,,,GOD KNOWS,,,,WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM NOW,,,,????HE IS NOT EVEN LOOKING AT ME,,,!!
    PLEASE TELL ME WHAT SHOULD I DO????”

Sep 26, 2012, 09:38 AM
    Fine... I got it... I had to work a lot on my english!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2012, 09:41 AM
    fine ...i got it....i had to work a lot on my english!!
    I dare you to write one sentence in good English with correct spelling, capitals, and punctuation.

Sep 27, 2012, 05:02 AM
    This is not a big deal,I can write anything.
    What kind of good English do u want to see?
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2012, 06:13 AM
    This is not a big deal,i can write anything.
    what kind of good English do u want to see?

This is not a big deal. I can write anything.

What kind of good English do YOU want to see?

Text speak is out of place in this sentence.

I KNEW you could write without all the duplicate punctuation. Nice job.

Sep 27, 2012, 06:33 AM
    :)
    Now, I can track my problem easily and will work on it particularly..!
    Thanks a ton... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Son is almost 2 and has very small vocabulary? [ 5 Answers ]

My son will be 2 in October... and he is our only child. When I have taken him to the Dr, they state he is fine because he has hit all his normal milestones right on time, or even before the "normal" rate. But he just isn't talking. And yes, his hearing is fine. :-) His vocabulary consist of...

Learining English and vocabulary [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I'm learning English by myself. But I think it's really hard to remember lots of vocabularies. Do you know any good site of learning English? Please tell me some! Thank you.

I need to improve my vocabulary! [ 6 Answers ]

I just notice that my vocabulary is not so good. This year I'm in 7th grade and I want to improve my vocabulary so when I go to high school, I'll have a head start! But, other then flashcards, is there any other funner ways? I've been doing flashcards for quite a long time, to me, I was pretty...

Broadening my vocabulary [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to learn meanings of new words and was wondering what these words such as this meant... Objective Description Subjective Description Dominant Impression Figure of Speech Metaphor First Person Point Of View Third person point of view Compare

Child vocabulary [ 2 Answers ]

I have a two year old in my class and he does not talk well at all. He sounds like he is crying while speaking all the time. Even with a smile. What should I do?

View more questions Search