Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doglover-0099 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2012, 04:53 AM
    What breed is this dog?
    Hello guys!

I'll need your expertise in this matter.. want to buy one like this..

Any ideas? Please help?

smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2012, 05:35 AM
    To me a Labrador Retriever. We used to have one that looked just like that one only had a white patch on his belly. But I'm no authority on dogs even though I've had several.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 26, 2012, 05:45 AM
    I'm almost 100% sure that is an English black labrador retriever... can usually tell by the "boxy" shaped head. See an image of another English lab. Below... ;)

The American black lab. Has a pointier, sleeker face and is typically smaller than their English cousins.

These guys aren't cheap and require a lot of time to raise properly. If you do purchase one of these beauties, please seek out a reputable breeder. It may cost a bit more, but you can feel more confident that you will be getting a properly bred animal!

Good luck!

Mark
    Attached Images

LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Sep 26, 2012, 09:16 AM
    I agree with the guys here, the English Labs do tend to have a bit stockier build, and are great dogs.
    Do your research as already suggested, both on finding the puppy and proper care, vaccines, etc.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Sep 28, 2012, 06:14 AM
    I concur, English Black Lab is my best guess too! Darn adorable!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What breed is my dog? [ 2 Answers ]

His mom was a Chihuahua and his dad was a Chihuahua mix. He looks identical to his dad. But I'm starting to wonder if he's got mini fox terrier in him. The pics of mini foxies look very similar. Please help if you can!

Dog breed debate. Purebred or Designer breed? [ 20 Answers ]

Since this debate started in another thread, I thought I'd start a new thread to allow members to continue discussing this topic, without continuing to hijack another thread. :) The debate on what makes a dog purebred has been going on for a long time. I'm not the best to explain this, but I'll...

What breed does my dog look like? [ 13 Answers ]

http://tinypic.com/r/fa0i79/4

What breed of dog, is my dog Annie? [ 10 Answers ]

Can you help me figure out what kind of dog Annie is? The rescue told me that she was a shepherd mix, but what else? She is the sweetest dog. I have had for over 2 years. She was abused by someone and is terrified of people. She loves other dogs, especially her brother Nicky. It took me over...

What breed of dog do you have? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey everyone who reads this :D I was wondering what your takes on dogs are. I want to know what breed you have, if its indoor, outdoor, crate trained whatver. I want to hear funny, cute , happy etc. stories, I want to know if your overall exsperience was a good one. I'd love to hear from you...

View more questions Search