Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Renman521 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Sep 26, 2012, 04:05 AM
    Residential Emergency Lite for bathroom
    I am putting a bathroom in my basement with a shower stall. There are no windows. For safety reasons, I would like to have some type of emergency light in the event someone is in the shower when the powers goes off. I am not looking for anything bulking and commercial looking.

Can't seem to find any products, however one thought was to use a "Pass & Seymour Hallway Light" TradeMaster Enhanced Decorator Full Hallway Light without Light Sensor, Clear, TMHWLENSCC
    And somehow tie it to the current emergency lights I have in the basement.

I am just trying not to have someone crashing through the shower door and slamming their head on the water closet.

Am I crazy of does a product exist that I am missing? Can I even tie into the emergency lights or is that problematic.
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2012, 04:27 AM
    Lithonia (and most lighting manufacturers) make small self-contained emergency lights...
    If you do a web search for "emergency light fixture" you'll get 39,000,000 results...
    The hallway light you suggest is an LED night light and may not provide adequate light.
    You should visit Home Depot or the local electric supply house...

Sep 26, 2012, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hfcarson View Post
    Lithonia (and most lighting manufacturers) make small self-contained emergency lights...
    If you do a web search for "emergency light fixture" you'll get 39,000,000 results...
    The hallway light you suggest is an LED night light and may not provide adequate light.
    You should visit Home Depot or the local electric supply house...
    thanks for the reply. I am aware of the 39,000,000 commercial items that exist. I am looking for something more residential in appearance. I currently have two "Lithonia Lighting Quantum 2-Light Emergency Fixture Units" in my basement. However my bathroom has only a 5' x 5' clear floor area. That fixture is HUGE for the space.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2012, 03:02 PM
    Get a small low voltage Halogen puck light or two and wire it/them in parallel with the existing emergency light you have. When the existing unit goes off the halogen units will too.

Sep 27, 2012, 02:57 AM
    Thanks I like that idea.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2012, 05:21 AM
    Before just adding lamps to an emergency light, be sure to know the wattage the of added lamps, and be sure the emergency light unit is rated to handle this added wattage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace light up and stay lite for 3 min, pilot want stay lite, change thermalcouple [ 0 Answers ]

My furnace pilot would not stay lite, changed the thermcouple but pilot would still not stay lite, i installed a new gas valve, now pilot will stay lite until the unit lites up the furnace unit will come on and pilot goes out and unit stays on for about 3 min and then i hear a click and the furnace...

What is needed to remove the smell of sewer gas out of a residential bathroom [ 7 Answers ]

Thanks for your help. The smell has been a difficult one to remove from our bathroom. I'm not sure what else to do, I've tried pouring bleach in the drains and also just straight hot water.

Residential bathroom exhaust fan [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, how is this wording? The bathroom fan/light works fine. However, I'd like to turn the switch on and have the light and fan come on as usual. Then upon leaving I'd like to close/shut the switch and have the light go off and the fan stay on for another…maybe 15-20-minutes. What parts do I...

Why it won't lite [ 1 Answers ]

Why my beckett furance oil won't lite

View more questions Search