Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

Mar 9, 2007, 08:12 PM
    Would tobacco be made legal?
    If tobacco were currently illegal, given what we now know about the health risk, would there be any cause to make it legal?

Any thoughts?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2007, 09:01 PM
    Probably not. Got a light?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 9, 2007, 09:06 PM
    Most likely since there would not be millions of dollars to spend on lobby groups.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2007, 07:48 AM
    Hello wang:

If the present corporate cuddliness continues that we have today, then yes. I'm sure Halliburton could get a contract. Do I think they would tell the truth about it being poison that kills everybody that uses it?? No, I don't.

excon
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2007, 10:12 AM
    I am not good with suppositions such as this. Tobacco dates back so many centuries that to have a "what if" discussion about it is illogical to me. If I want to waste my time waxing philosophical, I would rather it be about something really inane. There's nothing like sinking your teeth into an argument no one cares about.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Absolutely not.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2007, 11:30 AM
    I would think it would become legal - people like their poisons and rant about their rights to poison themselves on a daily basis and then the taxpayers get the "privilege" of taking care of them when they are so ill and dying. The American Dream.
    dronit Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2011, 07:29 AM
    Comment on shygrneyzs's post
    Din't think the US had free health care. So if you get ill off the effect its you who would pay for it. In the UK they have the NHS which does come out of tax. This means everyone gets the same medical treatment wever your rich or poor, or homeless.

I think the US should get a national health system. American health care is one of the worst in the western world.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoking tobacco [ 6 Answers ]

I have recently quit smoking cigarettes & as all you smokers will know, its very difficult. So in order to try make it a little easier, I have been smoking tobacco out of a hubbly at home. Its not as satisfying, but it helps. I was wondering if anyone can suggest some good flavours? I have tried a...

What made him stay with me? [ 9 Answers ]

:confused: I don't want to make this really long so I'm going to try and make this as brief as possible. If you need more details just ask. Okay, I've been with my current boyfriend for about 2 years now. We have had some really rough times. We've almost broke up a dozen times but we always...

What Made you think this? [ 2 Answers ]

I have an essay due on the 27th and I cannot think of anything to say.. I was hoping someone can give me a few ideas to help me get on my feet. The topic is... Describe an experience that changed the way you think about something. Please help me pick up on my paper.:confused:

Made some changes, now have problems. [ 2 Answers ]

Just finishing remodelling my kitchen. I changed out my sink and faucet, while doing this I decided to add a disposer. I removed the existing plumbing and started by feeding my dishwasher to the top of the disposer. From the disposer a straight pipe to a tee of the other sink basin drain, then down...

I made a mistake [ 1 Answers ]

Hi lets just say I went with the wrong person as we say we all make mistakes and now I worry about my health anybody out there can tell if I'm healthy or not please? Ty

View more questions Search