Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Smin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2012, 04:06 PM
    Applying for ITIN from india
    Hi, I want to apply for ITIN for my wife & kid to file tax returns , I just ce to know that to apply ITIN IRS needs original passport as notarized copies are no longer valid now , can any one please advice me what to do in this situation and how can I get this done.

Regards
    SMIN
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 27, 2012, 06:27 AM
    Contact the office where your passport was issued, request for a "certified copy" of your passport, and send this to IRS with form W-7.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Applying ITIN when Spouse in India [ 1 Answers ]

My wife was here till 2011. Now she is in India. Also currently I don't have notarized copy of her passport. Is there any way to apply ITIN for her?

W7: Applying for an ITIN [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I moved to US in 2010 and last year my tax return filing status was Non Resident Alien. For 2011 I am Resident Alien for tax purpose and my filing status will be “Married Filing Jointly”. At this point my wife and two kids do have neither SSN nor ITIN. They are supposed to apply for...

Marine engineer from india, procedure for applying australia PR from india [ 0 Answers ]

Marine engineer from india, procedure for applying australia PR from india

Applying for an ITIN [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I got married last year (2009) and will be filing a joint return this year. My husband is a non-resident who will be applying for an ITIN with this tax return (for which he will be considered a resident). My question is will he need to claim any income that was earned for 2009? He has...

Applying ITIN from India [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is regarding filing US tax return FY 2008 out of India. I was in US with my spouse and now would like to file my return with 'married' status to avail tax bebefits. However, I came to know that I need to apply for ITIN for my dependent spouse. So kindly let me know the process for...

View more questions Search