Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    INeedHelpPLZ1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2012, 01:15 PM
    Talking To My Crush
    I'm in Grade 10 and in my last period class there is this guy that I like. I don't sit near him so it's very difficult to talk to him, and that's just the beginning of my problems. In my classes I am very shy and quiet because I don't really know anyone, but he's very popular. I am very unpopular but am trying to kind of branch out and talk to some people in that class so I don't seem anti social. I still am very socially awkward though, and feel intimidated by the popular girls in my class. Back to him though. At the beginning of the class I thought I saw him catching my eye every once in a while, although it could be that he's just glancing around the class, as he does that a lot. I smiled at him onetime and he turned to the popular girl beside him and I think he said something to her cause she glanced over his shoulder and looked at me. Either way I still have not been able to talk to him and I really want to get to know him to see if I even actually like him and try to get him to like me back. I'm just scared he will think I'm a weirdo or something... Any suggestions? And I know the most obvious one is "just go say hi" but I feel this rarely works. In my school, no one just says hi to someone they don't know. Please keep in mind I'm a teenager and things are hard for me socially.
    backpack2389 Posts: 255, Reputation: 83

Sep 25, 2012, 03:13 PM
    First, can I ask why you are so interested in this guy? The fact that you're afraid to just say 'hi' to him leads me to believe that you have never (or very rarely) spoken to him. Not to say that many relationships don't start purely by physical attraction, I just wonder if he's worth your obsessing over him.

Anyway, there are plenty of things you can spark a conversation up with him about. First of all, you have a class with him. Ask a question about a homework assignment or test. If he's a good student, you can ask to study together and mentioning that you know he's intelligent would allow you to compliment him and maybe show your interest. If he's a bad student (and you're not) maybe offer to tutor him. If you don't think either of these things will work, then maybe just make some observations. When you hear him talking, what does he mention? Favorite movies, songs, some interesting event coming up (I'm not advising that you stalk him by the way). Maybe check out his clothes or backpack or other things some time. Do they have pop culture references on them that you could start a conversation about? Does he wear something funny that you could comment on? There are a lot of ways to start a conversation, even with someone you don't know well. Focus on what you have in common.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a crush on someone [ 7 Answers ]

I have a crush on someone, and need to Know if he feels the same? Thanks,

How do I be myself around a crush? [ 2 Answers ]

Moved to its own thread I want to open up more and be me but, in away I don't really know how to... do I be More flirtatious? And if so... How? What kind of body language do I use around Him!!

I like a girl who I've been talking to her and she's talking to her ex a lot [ 7 Answers ]

I have been talking to the girl down my block and we have been talking a lot and I like her I visited her school today because a lot of my friends go there and they all saw her talking to him a lot throughout the day and I asked her about it and she said "we're not together right now haha" is this...

View more questions Search