Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flippindead Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2005, 10:54 PM
    Financial
    My boyfriend has terrible credit and he was charged w/a felony and he wants to go to school... but he doesn't have the money. How can he ever get a grant or a loan for this? He is 21 he is a good wrestler and he wants to go to shippensburgh university in PA. He could prob. Get in because of the wrestling but how is he ever going to pay for it?
    kkemper Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2005, 06:44 PM
    College financing
    He should start at a community college and earn scholarships!

Those charged have at least been at the wrong place, thinking of
    Doing the wrong things.

Make sure you watch out for him. I was a family man by that age.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2005, 07:45 PM
    If he's not taken any classes at the college level the suggestion to try community/JUCO isn't a bad one. Even success in a few classes may prove to the school that he isn't as big a risk and is committed to the program.

Perhaps talk to the coaches at the program... if they are interested in him they may have some suggestions. He might also talk to admissions... they may have some suggestions as well and would be able to give info on whether he would be admitted to the program given his past.

It might not be pleasant, but its always better to get the brutal truth up front. If he's not admitted he might have to prove himself at a community college first.

As for how to pay... these days I'll bet he can get some school loans... he just might pay an insane percentage rate... again, perhaps admissions or the financial aid office can guide him here.

If he's really committed to this, it'll be worth the work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Financial accounting help [ 4 Answers ]

How would I plug these into T accounts? Paid $400 for the current month's rent Purchased repair supplies on credit, $500 Paid salary to a helper, $450

Ing financial [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone done any business with ing financial? I like to here the pro's and con's of a company before I deal with them. Thanks in advance.

Schlorship or financial aid [ 0 Answers ]

Any body who knows about schlorship or financial aid please give guidance.I am studying 7th standard in st. johnes hr secondary school tn state. I am from poor famiy my father expired long before.any body have suggestion ?

Financial accounting help... Again [ 1 Answers ]

Acouple more T account question... Paid $200 of amount purchased on credit on C. (c was purchased repair supplies on credit, $500). Accepted cash for repairs completed, $1,860 Thank you

View more questions Search