Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwlewis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2012, 10:56 AM
    Electrical answers for free
    I have a 0 to 40VDC 1 A power supply how many LED lights that are 24 VDC 0.5 amp can we wire in parallel with this power supply.
    Cordin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2013, 11:51 PM
    Hi, could someone please assist with a question on magnetic induction:
    In a design for a generator concept, I am confused with 2 sets of equations.
    One equation determines how to arrive at a design voltage output (takes rotational velocity, magnet strength, magnet area and coil turns into account); the other calculates the conductor size (gauge) necessary to carry the current without over-heating.
    With power = voltage x current, I need 220 Volts to generate 5000 Watt, so I can pull through about 22.5 amps, but if I use P = I^2 x R, I get about 243Watt with a nominal resistance in the coil of 0.48 ohm. Could you explain what I'm doing wrong to not arrive at the same power output? Much thanks!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 3, 2013, 05:46 AM
    I think you're comparing two different things. You need to produce 22.5 amps at 220 volts from the generator in order to have an ouput of 5000 watts. The I^2R figure is the energy used by being turned to heat inside the generator coils. One has nothing to do with the other.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free answers to electrical questions [ 1 Answers ]

want to buy a swag plug-in chandelier but it only comes in a pendant lamp to be hung from the electric box in the ceiling. Can I change the electric cord with one that has a plug on the end to plug into the wall? I will need more chain and a long cord with a plug. Can I do this and how difficult...

Get free answers for electrical problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have resistor bank for the control of current in the electrical panel,power supply goes from the panel to the motor.mt resistor bank got fired ,three fuse is connected to the resistor i.e three phase separate three fuse.two fuse got fault and one is healthy now... I want the cause of fire and...

Free answers electrical? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I want to know why the electrical button of the gear box stop working after 2 km of travelling for a jeep grand cherokee 1993 please please please answer me I want to know...

Free electrical answers? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a number 12 copper coated wire from house it gose 300 feet the panel in house supplies 120 volts it is to power a 1200 watt saw what would be my approximete voltage to the saw

View more questions Search