Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blacklock Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2012, 09:41 AM
    What is the easiest to remove mortar
    I'm is the process of removing my mortar, because I live where in the summer it could reach about 120 degress easily. Thre floor was laid about 2 years ago and the tile started buckling this summer. So, I think the adhesive has dried out. I'm not sure if it wise to replace the tile or not. I don't want to do this again.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2012, 10:17 AM
    I hope there isn't mortar on those tiles...

If they are ceramic it should be thinset and it doesn't "dry out"... and there should be GROUT between them...
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2012, 10:01 AM
    smoothy is right. U do not use mortar to install ceramic tile, u use thin set.

If u are getting buckling in the tile, u have a problem with what tile and thin set was laid on. This would be the surface under the adhesive. This is usually caused by not nailing sub strait with enough nails and excess water in thin set.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fastest and easiest way to remove Kool Aid dyed hair [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed the bottom of my hair orange with orange Kool Aid, I've been washing it twice a day but it won't come out and I have school in a week including school pictures and I don't want orange hair then so any ideas of how to get it out.

Remove mortar [ 1 Answers ]

How do you remove mortar from sheet rocked walls with out damaging the sheet rock?

How do you remove mortar from concrete? [ 1 Answers ]

My concreted patio has a stone wall at it perimeter. Evidently, the mortar used for the wall was smeared over the concrete floor. How does one remove this mortar? A scrub brush will not make a dent.

What's the best/easiest way to remove stubborn floor tiles? [ 5 Answers ]

I have some very stubborn, old floor tiles in my home that I would like to replace. They are at least 30 years old. I have no idea how to take them off. I am currently trying the method of trying to chip them off with a hand scraper and hammer. There must be a better way for an old woman with...

Easiest effective way to remove stains? [ 3 Answers ]

Dear All, I have some staining on my teeth. I would like to do the least amount of work to get rid of them. I would also like to not use something unhealthful if possible. Something I can buy over the counter. Rembrandt? Crest strips? Other? What really works and what is the easiest?

View more questions Search