Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liannalee Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2012, 03:53 AM
    axis left eyes changes within 2 weeks
    My partner had her eyes checked by a new optometrist. He wrote the first script for her first time progressives like this:

OD +0.25 -0.50 X 105
    0S +0.50 DS

Add +2.00

She kept telling the optician the vision in her left eye was blurry, but she said give it 2 weeks. Progressives are difficult to get used to. (It did not improve). She is a tech and works on a computer all day and could not see the screen wearing her glasses. The optician suggested computer glasses if these did not work out. After two weeks she returned to the eye doctor.

After another examination, he changed her script. He also noted the store had added +2.25, not +2.00 as prescribed and was rather annoyed.

This new script showed an astigmatism in the left eye as well!

OD +0.25 -0.50 X 100
    0S +0.75 -0.50 X 040

Add +2.00

Although he had originally recommended progressives, he now agrees she should wear computer glasses.

The store will take the glasses back and make computer glasses for her now. They didn't admit to making a mistake on the reading area (even though the doctor checked the glasses when she returned). Oh well.

However, the bigger issue is this:
    1. Did the doctor make a mistake with the axis on the right eye the first time and corrected it on the new script? (100 from 105)
    2. Could he (as stated during the 2nd exam) have missed the astigmatism in the left eye? He commented that it didn't show up last time.

We are very quickly losing faith in this new doctor. I feel bad because I recommended him (He was my new doctor too and got my script right).

Help!

Sep 25, 2012, 03:55 AM
    Sorry - I forgot to say the glasses store also made a mistake in changing the reading area to 2.25 instead of 2.00 as written.
    Thanks again.

Sep 25, 2012, 03:59 AM
    Sorry - I don't know how to delete the second part of this question. - I did mention it. Oh doh :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Damp clothes left for weeks [ 0 Answers ]

Long story short just returned home after letting a friend stay over. Just discovered he's been sick beside my bed meaning my unfortunate clothes resting there are damaged to such an extent I had no choice but to throw away. Now they've probably been there 3 odd weeks and upon lifting a woodlouse...

My wife has left me weeks ago now she doing all the things we did together [ 4 Answers ]

My wife has left me 6 weeks ago, now she doing all the things we did together with the bloke she left me for,why??

Girlfriend left for two weeks in which my grandma died. [ 5 Answers ]

I was with an incredible woman who was everything I ever wanted, we started as friends and she wouldn't go out with me for 3 years... Finally I told her how I felt and how difficult it would be for me to just be friends, she surrendered after 3 years of chasing her and she was everything I dreamed...

View more questions Search