Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kathb Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2012, 12:48 AM
    Help with unruly 12 year old
    My son is 11 years old, he will be 12 in November. We moved in with my partner and his two children 18 months ago and had a daughter who is now 15 months. He settled in well to school and has lots of friends and is in the local football team. He is rude to myself and my partner ( I am always told by other people what a lovely polite boy he is) he spends every other weekend with his dad and his wife and they don't have problems with him. He speaks down to us, if he doesn't get his own way he shouts in our faces, I have tried talking, giving him rows, grounding him, stopping him doing fun activities. Nothing works! Its causing arguments between myself and my partner and the atmosphere in the house is unbearable. He is oblivious to any problems. I have sat down and told him that if he behaved and did what he was asked, chores etc his life would be easier because there would be no shouting and he would be able to do more of what he wants. I have tried spending one on one time with him, but he is constantly in a bad mood. I know that this doesn't seem to be a bad problem, but my family is at breaking point and I just don't know what to do. Please help
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 25, 2012, 12:51 AM
    What does "giving him rows" mean?

How long ago did this behavior begin? Have you asked him why he is so angry?

Sep 25, 2012, 02:29 AM
    Giving him a row is telling him what he has done is wrong and the way he behaves is unacceptable and then the punishment is given, sometimes this does escilate into shouting which I know it shouldn't. His behaviour has got worse and worseover the

Sep 25, 2012, 02:34 AM
    Continuing... worse over the last 2 to 3 years. I have asked and talked to him. But he says first there is nothing then he doesn't like my partner, then he does like my partner and he just doesn't know how to listen and he just can't behave. Then its he wants all the attention all the time. He is also prone to lying about anything and everything. His favourite reason us its my fault. I really am at the end of my teather...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unruly 18 year old [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter turnes 18 in a week. She dropped out of school 8 months ago refuses to get job and does not follow simple house rules. I feel this is currupting my other children what can I do?

Unruly 9 year old, what to do? [ 44 Answers ]

Okay, as most of you know I live with my boyfriend and he has a 9-year-old daughter. Well, lately we are having some huge issues with her, and neither of us know how to fix this. I will make a laundry list of this weeks occurrences, and hopefully someone can shed some light on why she is doing...

Unruly 7 year old headed for big trouble [ 89 Answers ]

HI again everyone. I last posted a question about adoption and grandparent visitation. Now I have a question about my daughter. She is 7 years old. And about 3 1/2 years ago my mother began babysitting for her while I worked and went to college. She (my mother) had just gotten on SS Disability....

My Daughter and her unruly 12 year old son [ 54 Answers ]

My daughter has been having trouble with her 12 year old son. This trouble consists of violence, sexual abuse of a younger sibling, running away and threats of killing and or harming himself and other family members. He has just within the past three years returned to his mother after he was taken...

View more questions Search