Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mhoop33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2012, 03:29 PM
    What color should you dye your hair when going blonde from brown
    Hi, I recently got my hair dyed back to blonde. I had dark brown hair with platinum highlights before. They bleached my hair and I don't like the color it turned out to be. It has a red tint to it and I want it to be blonde all over with the yellow tint like blonde is suppose to be. What should I do?
    Gabrella100th Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2012, 10:25 PM
    Yes of course you can also bleach your hair before you re-dye it, that lightens the colour hope that helps have fun with your hair
    Burtney_682 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Sep 25, 2012, 11:50 PM
    Hello!

I believe your best bet would be to dye over that blonde with an ash blonde. The base color of the ash blonde will help cover up the red and get rid of brassiness. You could also get a toner from a store like Sally Beauty Supply. The toner is usually purple and will also get rid of brassiness.

If you don't want to dye your hair you can buy a purple shampoo that will fade the red over time. This is also available at Sally's. Be careful dying/bleaching your hair too much because it could become dry and break off.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I dye my dyed brown hair blonde using xxl blonde dye [ 11 Answers ]

hey, ive been dying my hair since i was about 13 now, and ive had it multiple shades of brown, and one red. some semi-perminent and some perminent. recently i decided to dye my hair a medium blonde and was wondering if by using the xxl blonde dye from schwarzkopf, i could lighten it up back to...

How soon can I dye my hair to a blonde shade closer to my natural blonde color after [ 1 Answers ]

Im a natural blonde and I dyed my hair black and had the black striped out about 4 Months ago.they then had to bleach and tone it 2 weeks later And I've been deep conditioning it diiferent ways since . It looks more yellow than blonde its hideous.I want to dye it once More And get it trimmed...

I recently had brown dye on my lighten blonde hair, how to I get the blonde back? [ 2 Answers ]

Prlease help. I have had my dark hair lightened for years, as blonde suits me better. However I wend to hairdresses last week and decided to have my roots lightened with bleach blonde hightlites instead tint. However, the salon put a lot of brown lowlites in too, which look alwful, how to I get...

I've just put a light brown hair dye on my blonde highlighted hair.can I re dye it [ 1 Answers ]

I've just put a brown hair dye on my blonde highlighted hair. Its not brown enough. Can I put another hair dye on or is it too soon?

Hair dye. Dark.blonde.brown.what color mixes? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay IF you have DARK hair as in it being brownish darkish and then you want to dye it blonde and then brown like an ash brown or light brown what color should it come out? I have a dark hair color it looks brown/black and I want to dye it but I want it to come out as a light brown blondish...

View more questions Search