Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drecca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2012, 02:47 PM
    Overbleached hair
    Can I add a darker color to hair that has really been over bleached and what do you suggest
    Burtney_682 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Sep 26, 2012, 12:11 AM
    Hello!

What don't you like about your hair now? Is it because it looks too yellow?

Before you dye it again, give it a break and if you can, go to your local beauty store and get some packets of deep conditioner. Just to get your hair back to a healthier place. I've bleached my hair several times in a row before and it was breaking apart.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Sep 26, 2012, 03:50 AM
    Also remember that processed hair opens up the cuticle and makes it more porous.
    Think of it as a sponge, any color that you choose will be "grabbed" more so than undamaged hair.
    You will have to be very careful, I would even suggest having a stylist who is well versed in color do the job.
    Not to mention the risk of breakage as mentioned above.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I lighten my hair or remove hair dye without damaging my hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I had beautiful virgin hair, up until about 6 days ago. My girlfriend, who is a hairstylist dyed my hair. I picked out a warm chocolate brown color, and thought since my original hair color is auburn, with slight golden highlights, that this color would suit me. My hair came out Jet black, and my...

Hair folical body hair vs hair on head [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have had testing done for a while I tested positive from hair from my head although I did not use. I then tested from my body hair and came back negative. The head hair was 90 to 100 days back and the body test was back almost twelve months. I wish to find out which is the more definitive...

Is it "safe" to use light ash blond hair color on predominately grey hair? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been coloring my hair for years and have good results from L'oreal products. The Color Experte is my favorite, but lately it fades out to about a level 9 or 10 blond with yellowish. I am probably 80% or more grey. There is a level 9 Color Experte which is hard to find. But, a lot of...

Overbleached hair on minor [ 3 Answers ]

My granddaughter is 14 I took her to a beauty college to have her hair streaked and they overbleached her hair mind you she was in the chair 6 and a half hours, her hair is a total loss it took 3 people to comb out the knots in her hair and it just fell out by the handsful, then they charged me...

View more questions Search