Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Sep 24, 2012, 09:50 AM
    Computer vs Blu Ray speed
    I normally stream video from Amazon to my TV via a laptop. HDMI connection from the computer to the TV. Last night I configured my Blu-Ray player to stream from Amazon. The connect speed was significantly better on the BluRay and there was no buffering or pausing.

Laptop connect speed: 1.3Mb
    BluRay connect speed: 11Mb

Is this difference normal or is that an reason the laptop is slower? My normal results when running a speed test is 9M to 20M.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 24, 2012, 10:24 AM
    With those speeds you aren't actually streaming from Amazon at all, but from your local bluray player, so the lack of buffering is to be expected.
    What is your internet connection speed as this is what directly effects the amazon/TV streaming..
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Sep 24, 2012, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    With those speeds you aren't actually streaming from Amazon at all, but from your local bluray player, so the lack of buffering is to be expected.
    What is your internet connection speed as this is what directly effects the amazon/TV streaming..

The streaming is from Amazon. I do not have discs for the programs I stream so the BluRay player can not be the source.

The connect speeds are as stated above. BluRay connect speed is comparable to what I get when running a speed test at any the sites that test that. The Amazon connect speed via my laptop is significantly lower. For some reason, which I do not understand, the BluRay is a better connection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What are the reasons I cannot play Blu-Ray Discs on my computer with Windows 7? [ 2 Answers ]

What are the reasons I cannot play Blu-Ray Discs on my computer with Windows 7? I heard it has something to do with codecs which Microsoft chose not to include. If I bought a Blu-Ray player and do not have the disc that came with it, what type of software can I use to watch Blu-Ray Discs?

Blu ray electronics [ 1 Answers ]

What is involved in hooking up blu ray dvd players? Is it any different than hooking up a regular dvd unit?

Blu-Ray vs hd-dvd [ 3 Answers ]

Didn't know where to post this, there is nothing under computers and tech for other tech. Does anyone else feel like the hd-dvd commercials during the superbowl and the price drop on the hd-dvd players was one last desperate attempt to get a market share in the high def movie market? I mean...

View more questions Search