Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kat72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2012, 03:22 PM
    Older gas furnace with standing pilot light, new thermocouple Burners will NOT light
    Hello,

I am at the end of my rope. I have an older Armstrong Air (Honeywell) standing pilot furnace. The pilot light is a strong blue flame. The thermocouple is about 20 min old. (I just replaced it thinking that was the problem). The thermostat seems to be working properly. When I set it to heat the little exhaust blower comes on, but that's all that happens. The main burners never light. Any guesses? I don't have money for a service call.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2012, 08:09 PM
    Are there any small hoses coming off the exhaust blower?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas burners not getting gas, pilot light gets gas & comes on [ 3 Answers ]

Day & Night Heating furnace: The electronic ignition turns on the gas pilot with flame. Pilot light gets gas from the gas valve unit but main Gas-valves do not open up and the gas-burners does not light up with flame on the pilot light? Any inputs with would be of great help. Thanks!

Any danger in using propane lighter to light pilot light in gas furnace? [ 2 Answers ]

Our furnace is "forced air heat" - a gas furnace that is in the garage, and the pilot light keeps going out which we do have someone coming to fix it. In the meantime, my husband has been using a "flame thrower" to light it, (that's what I call this device He's using) as it's a small canister...

Goodman pilot light on but furnace burners will not come on? [ 4 Answers ]

We have a Goodman furance that will not produce heat. The pilot light is on, the gas is released, but the burners will not kick in. Do you have any idea what is causing this problem.:confused: Scott's Chicago

View more questions Search