Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ineedhelp10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2012, 04:32 AM
    My period is light, am I pregnant
    I had sex 1 week before my period but it came on time and was lighter than usual, am I pregnant?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 23, 2012, 06:00 AM
    Perhaps, or you just had a light period.

You now play the full month waiting game, you wait till next month and see if you miss that period or not, and then test.
    Alan Smithey Posts: 56, Reputation: 2
    -

Sep 24, 2012, 07:09 AM
    A light period so short after the sex has probably nothing to do with the sex since the menstruation (I e the blood) builds up inside the female organs for several days before the period starts. Take a test the day you expect your next period, ca 4 weeks. Good luck!
    iaskuanswer Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Sep 24, 2012, 11:32 AM
    Message withdrawn.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2012, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iaskuanswer View Post
    There's no way to be sure at this point unless you take a test. Personally I wouldn't want to be stressing over it for the next month, I'd just take a test. You can get one at any drug store or in any pharmacy department of department stores like Walmart. Some dollar stores even carry them (Dollarama in Ontario). If you decide to get one, make sure you look for one that says it is accurate within the time frame that has elapsed since you had sex. Hope everything works out okay for you!

It is a very bad idea to buy a HPT at other than a Pharmacy or a store with a Pharmacy - the "dollar" stuff is much cheaper for a variety of reasons, using involving being manufactured overseas with different testing criteria OR being stale dated.

I've posted this before - it is better to buy one reliable HPT than two or three of the cheaper ones.

It is also a good idea to ask your Pharmacist for a recommendation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Light blood spotting, then light period, am I pregnant? [ 0 Answers ]

I had sex with my boyfriend 3 days before my periods where due, we didn't use any protection nor did pre ejaculate inside me. I have started bleeding a whole week after, and now I'm having a really light period rather than heavy as always. Could I be pregnant??

Is this just a light period, or am I pregnant? [ 0 Answers ]

I'm on a regular 32 day cycle my period was expected on 11/26/2011 I had unprotected sex on 11/13/2011. My period was 6 days late on 12/3/2011 I got light bleeding when I wipe and not enough to fill a pad/tampon and it only lasted 2.5 days and my regular period is usually 5 days. Is this a chance...

Light period pregnant or not? [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to become pregnant. I have very long cycles and I seem to ovulate more than once during them. My cycles are 50 days at the longest, and my period is very heavy at the start and with a lot of cramps. I had blood tests and U/S all normal for being fertile. This cycle I had a little...

Light period, pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been off birth control pills for a month now, trying to conceive. I had my period the correct time, but it was extra light, (not even needing more than a panty liner) and short (only 3 days). Could this be due to coming off pills, or could I be pregnant?

Light period could I be pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am 23 and had a light period, with brown discharge on the 1st of September and still have nausia headache and sore breast I don't know what to think.could I be pregnant? I used a calendar to time intercourse please someone help

View more questions Search