Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hebgb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2007, 01:01 PM
    02 cavalier ball joints or steering?
    My cavvy makes some noise in the front end that I can hear when I steer. Its not an awful lot of noise but it concerns me because I think it may be the ball joints. However, I had this problem last year and a grease job took it away. It returned again starting this winter and the last place I had the oil changed seemed somewhat shady. Could it be possible that they never greased the front end, or is it likely a ball joint problem that was masked by a good grease job?
    1992DodgeSpirit Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Mar 10, 2007, 11:55 PM
    It is possible that it's a bad ball joint or your shady mechanic didn't do a proper lube job. Since you said that the lube to the ball joints took the noise away then it came back, its not anything to do with the steering rack because if it was a lube job wouldn't heal that noise... so id check the ball joints to see if they are worn out or just haven't been lubed properly.
    korn6958 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 12:33 PM
    No that is not probably the noise I cavaliers r the worst with front end noise it could be the swaybar bushings strut mounts porewsteering lne intermediate shaft these are the few most problems that make noises in a cavalier

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ball joints [ 3 Answers ]

What would an estimated cost of replacing lower ball joints on my 1998 Ford F150? I called a fairly reliable repair shop this morning and they gave me an estimate of approximately $365. This would include labor and the alignment. I looked at NAPA online and found the lower ball joints at a...

99 Honda Accord Ball Joints [ 1 Answers ]

99 Honda Accord EX, 4 dr sedan. Front Upper Ball Joints. Can these be pressed in and out of the upper control arm... or does the entire upper control arm need to be replaced?

Craftsman 917270940 Steering [ 2 Answers ]

I just picked up a used Craftsman riding mower. The steering is very loose. It appears to be between the Sector Gear and the Steering wheel. Any suggestions? Is this common?

Leaking drain joints [ 13 Answers ]

I have installed a new kitchen sink, but the slip joints (brass) of the drain pipe leak, even though they have rubber gaskets and I have tightened them with a wrench. I did not use any sealing compound (pipe thread compound). Should I, or are the slip joints designed to function without such a...

Forgot To Prime Joints [ 1 Answers ]

I remembered to prime my pvc pipe, yet forgot to prime just one of the elbows. Am I in danger of a leaky pipe now? Thank you in advance

View more questions Search