Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tessadaum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2012, 08:59 PM
    Do courts consider me a relative if there is no actual blood or marriage involved?
    Sally is 14. Her mother had a reltationship with my nephew and they have another child from that relationship who is 4. Her name is Suzy. Sally and Suzy are both in a shelter now since their parents are drunks and crazy. They both want to live with me. Would the court recognize me as any relation to the 14 year old? She loves me and calls me her aunt, by the way.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 21, 2012, 09:22 PM
    You are no legal relation to Sally. You are distant family to the others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Urgent - is this spotting or my actual period? Supposed to get blood tests on CD2 [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, My hubby and I are prepping for an insemination to take place this cycle (may). We've been trying for 4 years to get pregnant, and were successful in 2002 but didn't go through with the pregnancy. I'm now 33 and he's 35. Both of us had had the many required tests, and everything has come...

Will the courts know if I lie on marriage license [ 1 Answers ]

Will anyone find out if you lie on a marriage license how many times you have been married? Does the court house know at the time? I don't want anyone to know how many times I have been married.

Do I have to be a blood relative to claim a child that lives with me [ 3 Answers ]

I have a boyfriend who has lived with me for 3yrs he doesn't work and I am the sole provider. He has 2 children that live with us he has custody and I take care of them. Can I claim his kids on my taxes? And do I qualify for a earned income tax credit?

Underage marriage, children involved [ 2 Answers ]

My brother is 19 yrs old. His girlfriend is 16. They have a 9 month old son and he has been living with her , their son, and her dad since the baby was born. She just found out she's pregnant again. As soon as she found out for sure her dad said my brother is not allowed to be around her or the...

Last blood relative living [ 2 Answers ]

I was adopted by my step father at 11 yo and am now 22. My biological father has been charged with manslaughter of his mother , my biological grandmother. There was no will. If he does get convicted, can I come in on the esstate even though my adoption papers state all lieage was broken, since I...

View more questions Search