Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KL23EMT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2012, 01:33 PM
    Is posting a memorial picture of a deceased patient a HIPAA violation?
    Is posting a picture of a deceased patient whom you were close with a HIPAA violation?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 21, 2012, 01:34 PM
    Unless you are going to state their medical history, no.
    KL23EMT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2012, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Unless you are going to state their medical history, no.
    No I simply made an "in memory of" posting
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 21, 2012, 10:21 PM
    Most nursing homes do it all the time,
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 21, 2012, 10:30 PM
    I will need moe information to give you an answer.

I'll give you an example. I, as a nurse, cannot "post" a picture of a baby saying congratulations or welcome to the world, etc. That is a HIPAA violation.

So, who are you to this patient? What was your relationship with them?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone withhold money in a memorial fund from the deceased family? [ 8 Answers ]

A friend of mine was murdered last year. A woman from her AA meetings held a silent auction and dinner fundraiser to help cover funeral costs. When my friend's sister asked the woman from AA about getting the money from the dinner/auction to pay for the headstone for her sister the woman said she...

Is emailing a photo of recently deceased patient is a hipaa violation [ 6 Answers ]

My father recently passed away in an assisted living home in Florida. The aide who was taking care of him for the last 2 years took a photo with her camera just minutes after he passed and emailed it to my brother. This has been a very traumatic and unsettling event that has added much anxiety and...

Texting Patient pictures with no name, HIPAA violation? [ 10 Answers ]

1) If a nurse take a picture of a severely handicap patient and makes a comment in text form making fun of the baby's handicap, sends the message and the picture to a non-medical professional, Is that a HIPAA violation. 2) If a nurse takes a picture of a patient and texts the picture with the...

Is it a hipaa violation if I, the employee, called a patient for personal reasons? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a front desk receptionist for a dental office. A patient came in, was very friendly, flirty, etc. The next day I got his phone number and sent him a tex message. In the tex, I told him who I was, and that if he was SINGLE and interested then he could call me. We don't have an office policy...

View more questions Search