Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marco99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2012, 04:14 PM
    California Un-Employment?
    If I have been working for a separate corporation for 23 yrs and have paid into UI all alongas a employee, can I still collect UI if I am an officer of a S corporation where I do not take any income salary, only pay an employee.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2012, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco99 View Post
    if i have been working for a separate corporation for 23 yrs and have paid into UI all alongas a employee, can I still collect UI if I am an officer of a S corporation where I do not take any income salary, only pay an employee.

What was the dollar basis for your UI payments if you didn't accept a salary OR are you saying you paid UI only for your employee?
    Marco99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2012, 02:45 PM
    Thanks for responding
    I do not collect a salary for the S corp that I started a few yrs ago, I pay into a employees UI. However,I have been working for a separate company before I started a s corp and there has many years of UI paid into. Simple Q's is should I be able to draw on the UI benefit I have paid into, since I have no other salary I will draw from.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 23, 2012, 04:02 PM
    I have never known an employee to pay into UI. The employer pays all of it.
    The last time I dealt with UI, several years ago, benefits were calculated on wages of the most recent quarter and the fifth most recent quarter. You lose if you haven't had wages in 15 months.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Misdemeanor dismissed:will it impact livescan and employment in healthcare California [ 1 Answers ]

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: California I recently finished a master of social work degree and received a job offer. 6 years ago I was cited for a minor is possession of alcohol (age 19), at arraignment I did not offer a plea and instead was offered a alcohol...

Employment Restrictions on Employment Authorization Card [ 0 Answers ]

I am in the process AOS (I485) under Eb3 from India. My Priority date is Dec 2002. I have been working on a Federal Project as a contractor on my EAD. 2 days ago, they let me go for the reason that the project became high risk, and only US citizens and GC holders are only allowed. I am planning to...

Why would I need to pay self employment tax on employment settlement [ 1 Answers ]

My original question was regarding 1099 misc I can't find any informaiton regarding the rational of paying self employment tax on settlement when I was an employee of this company I found this documentation on a site regarding self employment. Also how can I determine what the award is replacing. ...

Employment Law regarding employment applications [ 2 Answers ]

I know that employers can ask on their applications if you have ever been convicted of a felony, but I ran into one the other day that asked "Have you ever been convicted of a felony in the last 7 years?" Just wondering why the 7 years.

View more questions Search