Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinawilliams Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2012, 02:06 PM
    I have a pain on the left side of my right foot near top by big toe
    Lately, the area at the top of my right foot throbs. It is the joint bone on the outside of my big toe.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2012, 04:40 PM
    Possibly gout. Foot doctor can determine if it is gout or not and treat with meds based on his examination and testing, whether it is gout or something else.
    If it is gout it is beneficial to know for sure because there are drugs available to help lessen the chances of getting it again, and diets that will help prevent it. I am prone to it and have gone as much as 8 years between attacks by limiting certain foods and taking meds. But in my case it is worse (much more painful)each time it recurs and it always leave damage behind according to my Dr.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain on top outside of left foot [ 0 Answers ]

Pain on the left side of the foot, where the arch is highest down from pinky toe

Foot pain on right foot side near little toe [ 2 Answers ]

I am having pain on the right foot on the side of the little toe just passed the base of it. The pain is on the side and the bottom side of the same spot. When I have my shoes on at times it feels like something is in my shoe. I can see some swelling but just hard like the other side but this one...

Severe Foot Pain from my pinkie toe down the side of my feet to the heel.. [ 0 Answers ]

I ran 4 miles on Sunday and then ran another to the following Monday, after I got off the treadmill on Monday I could barely walk and could not stand with pressure on either of my feet. I have been iceing and heating both feet, not helping! I have been wearing a few pairs of socks at a time to give...

View more questions Search