Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freshman56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2012, 09:11 AM
    Harley davidson rear shimmy
    I have a 2009 ultraclassic. When slowing from 40 mpg down until about 30 mph it shakes. It feels as though it is coming from the rear. I have had the back tire replaced twice as the dealer told me that was the problem.
    PeterHD13 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 05:43 AM
    Check your rear wheel is balanced. Also check that the alignment is good, straight check visually that the wheel is pointing straight. Check your rear shocks are OK they can go blow seals. Check air pressure level. Check your rear brake pads are OK and caliper is working properly. Check your belt and rear sprocket for wear.

You might need a swing arm kit. I replaced my outside bushings and it points great now but my bike is a 1990 FLTCU , yours is pretty new.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harley davidson [ 1 Answers ]

Harley Road King with EFI. Riding along fine when the green EFI light comes on and the engine drops to a fast idle and will not respond when I attempt to give it gas. I come to a stop , shut it off, wait a few minutes and restart it. Revs up, works fine until the next time it happens again. ...

About harley davidson [ 0 Answers ]

Will wheels off a 2005 Fat Boy fit a 2012 Heritage Softail.

Harley davidson rear wheel [ 1 Answers ]

Keeps coming loose .have replaced bearings ,races, seals, rear wheel adjusters, axle

Ask harley davidson? [ 0 Answers ]

Will the exhaust header from a 98 flt fit my 90 fltcu Thanks for the help

Harley Davidson [ 3 Answers ]

The inventor of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle, Arthur Davidson, died and went to heaven. At the gates, St. Peter told Arthur. 'Since you've been such a good man and your motorcycles have changed the world, your reward is, you can hang out with anyone you want to in heaven.' Arthur...

View more questions Search