Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    homeseeker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2012, 06:50 AM
    Name on old mortgage but not on deed in Ohio could I be considered a first time buyer
    I am divorced but when I was married my husband refinanced the house and put my name on the mortgage. My name was not on the deed. Could I be considered a first time home buyer in Ohio?
    Thanks
    momknowsbest Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2012, 07:40 AM
    You should call some lenders and ask them.

But in the future, don't ever put you name on a mortgage without insisting that your name goes on the deed! No matter how much you love the guy.

Actually, I'm wondering if you don't have some rights to that house. In California, which is a community property state, you would have some rights to the house if you can prove that you helped make the payments. You might want to check into that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is considered Child Abandonment in Ohio? [ 10 Answers ]

I have full custody of my child, and his father has left the picture voluntary about a year and a half. Would that be considered an abandonment in Ohio? I have recently filed motion to file terminate his visitations, because I don't want him doing what he did before he disappeared. My son is 3, and...

First time home buyer credit and Home mortgage in India [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I'm in H1b. In 2008 tax return , I claimed my Indian mortgage interest. I bought a home in US in 2009 and claimed first time home buyer credit. But IRS said I'm ineligible to get my first time home buyer credit since last year I claimed home mortgage interest detection. Can I say IRS , the...

What is considered abandoned in the state of Ohio [ 4 Answers ]

My child's father has not seen him in over a year and has paid child support once in 5 yrs. And seen him a total of 6 times in 5 yrs. Is that considered abandoned?

Mortgage questions first time home buyer [ 1 Answers ]

Looking to get a mortgage for a bank owned foreclosure home an REO. I have an excellent credit score & able to put down a good down payment . Asking price is $388,000. How much should I try to offer? & How much of a down payment should I put... higher... medium... or lowest? Where can I serach...

Approximate Mortgage Rate (first time buyer) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have credit score between 690-705 (among 3 credit bureaus). My agent recommended me to a mortgage broker who pre-approved me for the loan. I am planning to put 10% down and she is offering me a 6% rate (while national average is around 5.3). I always thought a credit score of around 700...

View more questions Search