Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Missy03 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2012, 02:19 AM
    Vaginal itching
    Im 21 years old and I'm having some irritation/itching in my genitalia it doesn't hurt to use the bathroom nor is there a discharge but it hurts to whip the lips after urination what could it be?
    momknowsbest Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2012, 07:21 AM
    Well, first of all you shouldn't "whip" the lips you should only "wipe" them.. lol sorry I know it was just a typo but very funny anyway!

Most of the time, itching is caused by a yeast infection and you don't always notice a discharge. Your lips are probably just irritated from itching of perhaps because your pants are too tight in that area. Buy a yeast infection kit at your local drug store. Get one that also comes with the topical cream that you can put on the lips and general outside area. Do the yeast infection treatment and see if it works. I bet it will.

Have you been taking antibiotics? Sometimes that will cause a yeast infection.

Of course, you can also go see the doc.

Sep 20, 2012, 12:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by momknowsbest View Post
    Well, first of all you shouldn't "whip" the lips you should only "wipe" them..lol sorry I know it was just a typo but very funny anyway!

Most of the time, itching is caused by a yeast infection and you don't always notice a discharge. Your lips are probably just irritated from itching of perhaps because your pants are too tight in that area. Go ahead and buy a yeast infection kit at your local drug store. Get one that also comes with the topical cream that you can put on the lips and general outside area. Do the yeast infection treatment and see if it works. I bet it will.

Have you been taking antibiotics? Sometimes that will cause a yeast infection.

Of course, you can also go see the doc.
    Yes I've been on penicillin for my tonciles so that may have caused this?
    Kat89007 Posts: 50, Reputation: 3

Sep 20, 2012, 01:18 PM
    I would recommend either going to see a doctor or what I did was used a cream called 'Vagisal' and do what the istructions say on the bk you don't need much and although it isn't that cheap that is what the doctor will probably give you that as a suscription anyway as mine did.

Sep 20, 2012, 01:35 PM
    Just want to thank you both for your advice on what I should do I really appreciate it:)
    Kat89007 Posts: 50, Reputation: 3

Sep 20, 2012, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy03 View Post
    Just wanna thank you both for your advice on what I should do I really appreciate it:)
    It is fine ! Happy to help :D
    burg2123 Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Sep 22, 2012, 07:01 AM
    Hello, Have you test yourself if you have yeast infection?
    momknowsbest Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2012, 11:16 AM
    Yes, there are some antibiotics that can cause a yeast infection in some women.

The next time you need an antibiotic let the doctor know that this antibiotic caused a yeast infection and he/she will give you a different kind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal itching [ 0 Answers ]

I'm 23 yrs old female I'm getting itching around my vagina from last 15days and light greenish colour discharge.. bt after I got my periods the discharge has stopped but still itching is there.. plz help

Vaginal itching [ 1 Answers ]

From Last one week, my wife complaining of itching in the inner wall (both side). Washed three or four times with antibiotic solution (savlon) not stopped. She saying that it happened during intercourse and dicharged of sperm infection. Suggest of medicine please.

Constant vaginal itching [ 2 Answers ]

I have been experiencing vaginal itching along with white discharges , which is a lot compared to before , and I am reluctant to go to a gyneacologist , can somebody suggest me what to do ?

Vaginal discarges and itching [ 0 Answers ]

Am 21 years and have been experiencing vaginal discharges with bad odor and sever itching. I took it to the hospital and I was given medication but it keeps on resurfacing. I also have rashes around my vagina. They are white and hard that anytime I try to burst them, I bleed. And now anytime I have...

Vaginal itching [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I had a night out with friends, we were totally drunk by the time the night ended. We had sex and sometime during the act the condom slipped off and got stuck inside me. Unfortunately I didn't notice until 3 days later when I experienced some itching and irritation. I happened to put...

View more questions Search