Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hunnybunny40 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2012, 08:26 PM
    Does second hand marijuana smoke show up in hair folicle drug tests?
    YoungMula Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Sep 19, 2012, 10:03 PM
    Im not too sure but its very unlikely that it will bubb. I'm on diversion an my friends took everywhere we go in the car an I pass every drug test put their 10 panel. Hair test show for a month an a half "If you Smoke" so if anything itd be out in a week or so.

Sep 20, 2012, 07:56 AM
    Thank you! Should I get one of those special shampoos to wash my hair with?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2012, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hunnybunny40 View Post
    It certainly can and is noted in a recent practice advisory, specifically "It is notable that drugs may be incorporated into hair from external sources, such as mechanical contact between the hair and the drug." (pp. 19, 21)

Clinical drug testing in primary care. Technical Assistance Publication (TAP) 32. HHS Publication No. SMA 12-4668. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.

Sep 20, 2012, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    It certainly can and is noted in a recent practice advisory, specifically "It is notable that drugs may be incorporated into hair from external sources, such as mechanical contact between the hair and the drug." (pp. 19, 21)

Clinical drug testing in primary care. Technical Assistance Publication (TAP) 32. HHS Publication No. SMA 12-4668. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
    Thank you for the information! So, then as for my 2nd question, should I get one of those special shampoos to wash my hair with?

Thanks again!
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2012, 11:45 AM
    Have never heard a good report on those products which are of a design to detoxify through penetration. Just to protect yourself use a double wash on your hair, being alkaline (baking soda and hot water as example) and then acidic (vinegar and hot water as example) in that order. Pay special attention to your hair at the base and scalp. Cannabinoids create a resin like subtance that adheres to your hair and scalp. This is all probably unnecessary but will hopefully ease your mind.

This by the way isn't a formula for removing any metabolite from the internal hair shaft. Just a good way to remove any residue of toxins of most types from the exterior (cuticle) layer.

That should remove external contaminants.

Sep 20, 2012, 03:50 PM
    Have never heard a good report on those products which are of a design to detoxify through penetration. Just to protect yourself use a double wash on your hair, being alkaline (baking soda and hot water as example) and then acidic (vinegar and hot water as example) in that order. Pay special attention to your hair at the base and scalp. Cannabinoids create a resin like subtance that adheres to your hair and scalp. This is all probably unnecessary but will hopefully ease your mind.

This by the way isn't a formula for removing any metabolite from the internal hair shaft. Just a good way to remove any residue of toxins of most types from the exterior (cuticle) layer.

That should remove external contaminants.
    Thanks again! I am just really worried, because I finally have a chance to get a real good job that would be a career, but my husband and his friends smoke in our home. So, I am worried not only of it physically being ON my hair, but also that I have inhaled it that way.

I HOPE that I am worried for nothing, but I've been trying for this job for 10 yrs and don't want something like this to mess up my chance.

Thank you for your advice!
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2012, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hunnybunny40 View Post
    Thanks again! I am just really worried, because I finally have a chance to get a real good job that would be a career, but my husband and his friends smoke in our home. So, I am worried not only of it physically being ON my hair, but also that I have inhaled it that way.

I HOPE that I am worried for nothing, but I've been trying for this job for 10 yrs and don't want something like this to mess up my chance.

Thank you for your advice!
    Inhalation of second-hand cannabis smoke is of no concern to HDT testing. NONE (in big bold letters).

I understand your apprehension based on the popular mis-information afloat but I assure you there is no possibility of THCA detection in hair from inhalation of second-hand smoke.

Even direct inhalation (smoking) requires frequent and/or substantial use for detection in HDT.

You will be fine. Please focus on the advice provided previous. That is your only concern in regard to HDT based on the information provided.

Sep 21, 2012, 07:20 AM
    Inhalation of second-hand cannabis smoke is of no concern to HDT testing. NONE (in big bold letters).

I understand your apprehension based on the popular mis-information afloat but I assure you there is no possiblity of THCA detection in hair from inhalation of second-hand smoke.

Even direct inhalation (smoking) requires frequent and/or substantial use for detection in HDT.

You will be fine. Please focus on the advice provided previous. That is your only concern in regard to HDT based on the information provided.
    Thank you again! I am a worry-wart as it is and this situation just compounded it - but your information and advice has eased my fears! Now I just hope I get called back with an offer for the job! (but this will all help in the future as well if there is another chance)

Thanks & take care!
    rubyred1992 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2013, 12:47 PM
    Did u get the job. Did u pass

Feb 4, 2013, 08:58 AM
    No, I didn't get the job. Didn't even have to do the drug testing, but this info will help for future possibilities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How often do you have to smoke marijuana for it to show up in hair test? [ 4 Answers ]

I have only smoked 2 times in 16 mon. Once 2 mon ago once 2 weeks ago. Both times were only 2 hits. I just did a hair test. Will I pass?

Can second hand marijuana smoke make a positive hair folicle test [ 1 Answers ]

I have to take a hair folicle test and I haven't smoked marijuana in 5 months but I'm around it everyday. Will this make my hair test positive all though I didn't inhale any thc

Can second hand cocaine smoke show up in a urine drug test [ 2 Answers ]

If you are around a person who smokes crack cocaine on a daily basis can you get it into your system? How long will show up in a urine drug test? I took a urine drug test, it showed up in my urine. I haven't used the drug myself in over 6 months. I have since then removed these people from my...

Hair Folicle Drug Test [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if Ultra Clean Shampoo from Zydot corporation works?

Marijuana and Drug tests [ 4 Answers ]

Hullo there. I have smoked pot before, 4 times throughout last year. They were in spaces of about 2 to 3 months apart from each time. Last time was last Tuesday. (4th time that I had pot) Anyway, here is my question. If I've only had pot 4 times before --- I'm thinking about applying for...

View more questions Search