Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PreceptTM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2007, 08:29 AM
    Half image
    I just purchased a Phillips TV/Monitor with DVI input; when I plug my laptop to it I only see half an image; it will flash the whole image for an instant then half of the screen goes black I see only left side of my screen :confused:
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Check the connections but it's probably dead, if you just bought it, return it
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 9, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Have you checked if the Philips TV DVI input is compatible with the laptop?

The TV may only accept a certain resolution. Anything that exceeds it will no display properly. Set the correct resolution on the laptop first before connecting to the TV.

The TV's DVI connector is probably expecting HDCP. Is your laptop DVI HDCP ready?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for half-sister [ 5 Answers ]

I have her first, middle & maiden name. She was born around 1942. How can I search using a maiden name?

Half equations [ 2 Answers ]

write a half equation for the following redox reaction Ni + 2Ag+ - Ni2+ + 2Ag ? How do you do it ?

It's been half a year... [ 14 Answers ]

Just wanted to announce to all of you that this coming Friday Pete and I will have been together 6months and it is also Petes birthday on that day. Lots of celebrating to do! I am happier than I have ever been ;)

My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua has potty problem! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua is a great dog but when it comes to the potty he is not good. He is let outside every hour but sometimes he pees in the house. I stay with him outside for 30 minutes and let him inside. I have no solution what should I do? :confused:

View more questions Search