Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skluchts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2012, 09:26 AM
    Dual residency
    My son goes to school in Iowa and our home residence is in Minnesota. Can he claim dual residency? One of his professors said to check into it and he might qualify for reduced tuition. Thanks Shannon
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 19, 2012, 11:28 AM
    There is no such thing as "dual residency." Your son has only one primary abode - which may be Iowa IF he spends most of his time there and has made efforts to establish it as his home - for example by leasing an apartment, using it as his primary mailing address, getting an IA drivers license, registering to vote in IA and filing income tax returns there. But if he returns to MN for school breaks, has a summer job in MN, has a MN drivers license then he is definitely a MN resident.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual residency? [ 1 Answers ]

I was born and raised in South Dakota. I am now a resident of TX. We live part time in SD and part time in Texas and RV the rest of the year. I want to be a resident of SD. I do not work. My husband wants to remain a resident of Texas. He is medically retired and a Disabled Veteran. Is this...

Dual residency in pa [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a township (abington) but do not want to send my daughter to that school system. She is going into her junior year of HS. The next school district over (lower moreland) is where I would like to send her. Our house has been on the market for 6 months but we have been unable to sell or...

View more questions Search