Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momsdobest5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2012, 09:12 AM
    SSI and children
    I work 40hr+ a week to support my children I do my part in supporting the children I brought into this world but my children's father does nothing but break the law by burglarizing someone's house and stealing from them but he is applying for SSI he has been denied several times for SSI and SSD. But still is appealing his case over and over just so he won't go to jail for child support. He wrote a letter to the persons he burglarized promising them 500 cash a month restitution if they dropped the charges. He also wrote in the letter that his disability has been denied and that he doesn't need to be in jail because he is sick.. I know be isn't disabled because of if he was his daily life habits he lifts 70lb children over his head still does MMA fighting I have pics proving these I also have a copy of the letter I was referring to above that he wrote while in jail. Is there not anything I can do? I mean I do my part to provide what my kids need with some help from my family. Child care is expensive which I need to be able to work.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 19, 2012, 01:45 PM
    You can get an order for support but if he ends up on ssi then your not going to receive support. He may go to court and get it terminated. SSI is a supplemental income for the extreme needy.
    SweetSunflower Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Sep 22, 2012, 04:53 AM
    If their father is in fact receiving SSI there are no dependent benefits to be had; the reason for this is because SSI is a needs-based program (based on income) for those individuals who are also disabled.

If a person don't have enough work history to qualify for SSDI, or they worked at a job that didn't pay into Social Security, they may receive benefits based on need from Supplemental Security Income (If a person don't have enough work history to qualify for SSDI, or they worked at a job that didn't pay into Social Security, they may receive benefits based on need from Supplemental Security Income (SSI).

Only SSDI provides dependents benefits to your children. SSI provides no benefit beyond the disabled individual.
    ).

Only SSDI provides dependents benefits to your children. SSI provides no benefit beyond the disabled individual.

If I am Approved for Disability Will my Children Get Benefits? | Disability Secrets

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ssi benefits for children of disabled parents [ 1 Answers ]

My sons going to be 18 if he lives at home and goes to collage does the beneifits still stop

Children to get ssi benefits [ 2 Answers ]

My daughters father receives ssi disability he claims it is supplemental but he was court ordered to pay child support and I need to know what to do about my daughter drawing from the ssi.

Can children of a disabled parent who receives ssi also get ssi checks? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I apply for my 2 babies to receive ssi checks... I've been receiving an ssi check since I was about 18.. the mother of my babies is living back at her mothers because her mother has sarcoma cancer and had her leg amputated up to the tip and the cancer then spread to her lungs so she is...

Ssi can my wife and children collect beniifts too [ 1 Answers ]

Hi and thank you in advance I am on SSI I have a wife and 2 children 4yrs and 9months the amount I get does not even come close to even our part of the rent is there a way my wife and children can get help I need my wife home to help me I not doing so good could hardley walk and I have tereets plus...

How to get child support for children of a parent on ssi [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I would like to know what do I do if my two kids father draws ssi?the ? Is how do I get help for my kids? Do I need to apply for ssi for the both? He doesn't have to pay but should I have to do it on my own?

View more questions Search