Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MM90 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2012, 04:51 PM
    Blurred vision
    Im really worried I was playing with my dog by blowing in her ear and she jumped up at me and her whiskers kind of stuck into my eye! It was late, I couldn't open it the rest of the night and when I did it watered so bad, when I woke up about 8 hours later It was sore, swollen and a lot of water coming out, no gue or anything. I went to the chemist and bought a liquid that cleans out sore eyes and two eye patches, I cleaned it out and changed patches twice, anyway I woke up the next day and my eye was fine no water no pain no swelling, but my eye is completely blurred, I can just about see words right up close. In the right eye the left is fine, I've to wait a few days to get a GP referral letter but I'm so scared its serious! But I'm not sure if it's an emergency :( will it go away soon or will it be permanent :(
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2012, 05:18 PM
    Well until the doctor can see you... all anyone can do is take wild guesses.

Dogs hearing is extremely sensitive... blowing in its ear invites an ear infection and its like someone yelling into yours.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 18, 2012, 07:28 PM
    Let me see, you can't see out of your eye. What is you opinion of emergency. Blindness is sort of serioius. What if it never gets better because you did not get treatment

** I agree, why were you torturing your dog like that ?

Sep 19, 2012, 12:33 AM
    It's not like I pinned the dog down, grabbed her ear and started blowing in her ear with every last breath while she was howling like?. She's a German shepherd she's pretty big I was more blowing in her face lightly! She gets playful when I do it!Im sure if she didn't like it she walk off! So stop acting like I'm adolf hitler of dogs!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 19, 2012, 12:50 AM
    I think you can wait for the GP, although even an optometrist, who doesn't have a medical degree, is very good at examining eyes. You may have scratches on your eyeball that just need time to heal.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2012, 05:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MM90 View Post
    It's not like I pinned the dog down, grabbed her ear and started blowing in her ear with every last breath while she was howling like ??.? She's a German shepherd she's pretty big I was more blowing in her face lightly! She gets playful when I do it!Im sure if she didnt like it she walk off! So stop acting like I'm adolf hitler of dogs!
    That was a rather rude answer... you yourself said you blew in the dogs ear... that is NOT the same as blowing in its face.

Quote Originally Posted by MM90 View Post
    Im really worried I was playing with my dog by blowing in her ear and she jumped up at me and her whiskers kind of stuck into my eye!
    Your words... not ours.

Sep 19, 2012, 05:33 AM
    Yeah well you must use must of took it as I was holding my dog down I mean if it was so cruel wouldn't a big German shepherd of ran away or moved or even showed a slight bit of a pain reaction rather than get playful? I didn't mean to be rude, but I'm not cruel to any of my dogs what so ever.

Your words... not ours.[/QUOTE]

Sep 19, 2012, 05:35 AM
    Didn't mean to quotein my last reply I'm only new to this and it didn't erase

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Farsighted and contacts /blurred vision [ 11 Answers ]

I just got a eye exam a few weeks ago. I am farsighted and opted for contacts. Problem is I can now see well up close but things a little blurry at a distance and get worse as dusk or dark to the point that its very hard to drive. The Doc says that's the way it is, I can't have good vision up close...

Occasional blurred vision. [ 3 Answers ]

One of my friends as been expiriencing blurry vision, she doesn't wear glasses or contacts at all. Her family just thinks her eye sight is just getting bad, but she says it comes and goes. Is there some reason for this?

Blurred Vision and headaches [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Last night when I was playing games on the computer I found myself suddenly unable to see properly - I had this round blob in front of wherever I wanted to look (kind of like I'd been staring at a bright light for a while, which I hadn't). Then I seemed to get a zig-zag blur at the...

Blurred vision from distance [ 6 Answers ]

When I'm sitting in school, I sit up the back, (I'm paranoid about people behind me laughing and I start check my back for things) and when the teacher writes something on the board, I can't see it very well.. my hair is over my left eye all the time, would I need glasses for this? Thanks for...

View more questions Search