Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Keekeeheart Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2012, 10:02 AM
    Suffering recent college grad
    I interned at a hospital accredited program and after I need to take my boards to become a license scientist. The board agency sent 6 repeated emails for him to verify my completion and he has still not returned it and it's been about 2 months. I can not get any job without this license and the program director clearly knows about it. Should I sue the hospital for a director failing to respond back to the board agency and hindering me from getting a job. I am a recent college grad with a 4 year degree no job because I can't take my boards due to the program Director not verifying my completion. I have loan people haunting me
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2012, 10:22 AM
    SO, instead of taking the easy way out and emailing... why haven't you gone ove rthere and spoken to them in person yet? Have you even called them on the phone? Or heaven forbid... sit down and write a letter and send it registered mail?

You are aware than some email goes to the junk folder... and many just get deleted rather than opened if the senders address isn't known by the recipient? I do it all the time... unsolicited email often contain malware and viruses.

Instead of complaining... how about taking these other steps... I know you may think that as a recent college grad you are special and indespinsible... but you are going to learn soon enough you are far from it. As everyone does in their first real job.

Sep 18, 2012, 10:37 AM
    I have repeatedly called him and got in contact with him but his excuse is he is busy and he is the only one at the hospital that I authorized to do such thing. It's been almost two months and that is just ridiculous. I don't understand why he doesn't send the verification back. Keep in mind I paid money to take my boards already and all they are waiting on is him
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2012, 10:41 AM
    How many times have you done this? If you have nothing else to do... why haven't you physically gone there face to face, not leaving voice mail, not emailing him... speaking face to face.

It's a lot easier to dismiss a email or voice mail than it is to disniss a person that's talking to you face to face.

Seriously... you have to take the bull by the horns... so to speak.

Be respectful, be there face to face... but be persistent.

Sep 18, 2012, 06:11 PM
    Thanks for the great advice
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2012, 06:35 PM
    Turn up the charm when you are with him... you will be more likely to get what you want... consider it practice for when you need to lobby for something you need in your job. And trust me... we all have to do that from time to time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 18, 2012, 07:20 PM
    If you sue, and they call to check on your performance, guess what, you will never get one or a good one anyway. I would be sitting with a paper in hand for him to sign already printed every morning in front of his office till it gets signed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recent Driving school Grad who can't get a job because of MVR with a reckless? [ 4 Answers ]

My problem is that I'm a recent graduate of Diesel driving academy and no one will hire me because of a reckless I got in 07/2008. That is the date that I was stopped now my MVR says that 08/2009 is the conviction date( I guess when I paid my fees to the court). This was done through an attorney...

Recent Grad who is going I to the work force needs a few questions answered [ 4 Answers ]

Hey I just graduated from colleg and about to enter the work force and I have a few questions that hopefully some more expierenced (not calling anyone here old) people on here can answer these questions for me... first I will give you a little back ground : I majored in psychology so I am looking...

College grad misdemeanor record [ 5 Answers ]

I recently found out I have a misdemeanor criminal record. I was caught on video shoplifting when I was 16, and plead guilty, under the impression it would be on a juvenile record and wouldn't show up. However I have discovered NY is one of 3 states where offenses committed @ 16 or older go on...

Recent college grad with criminal history [ 6 Answers ]

I recently graduated from college with a degree in Public Relations. I got good grades and have also consistently held a job since I was fifteen. The problem is that I partied pretty hard through my first two years of college and established significant police record during this time including;...

View more questions Search