Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amynicko Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2012, 06:45 AM
    How do I get rid of red?
    I have been colouring my hair for 4 years, I have used all different colours of reds, and now I am getting bored, I want to go to a medium brown, How do I get rid of the red out of my hair?
    clairemsmith Posts: 122, Reputation: 2

Sep 21, 2012, 10:01 PM
    Is it red tones or more orangey tones you're trying to eliminate? If it's orange tones, you could try Goldwell Colorance (which is a demi-permanent color) in #6A, which is dark ash blond. It has a blue-ish base which would counteract orange. If its red you are trying to get rid of, you could mix this with something with a gold base like a 8G or use mix the 6A with some Goldwell Gold Mix (the gold and blue undertones mix to create a green undertone, which counteracts red).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help get rid of this awful red! I have tried everything. [ 2 Answers ]

My hair was all blond done by my hair dress with foils over several years. I decided I couldn't afford the upkeep or have the time to make the appts anymore. I research on Internet how to get back to a medium brown w/o getting crazy green or other colors... I did as I read--went Sally's bought a...

How can I get rid of the red in my eyes? [ 11 Answers ]

My right eye is very red, and usually gets like this after I wear my contacts for a long time. Is there a way I can get rid of this quickly? Also what eye drops would you recommend? Are there also natural ways of getting rid of it? Thank you!

Getting rid of red hair [ 2 Answers ]

Well I have been a blonde, brunette, I've had highlights, and black hair as well and now I'm a red head. I love the color but it is too much work to keep it up. And for some reason I seem to see red heads every where. So I think I'm ready for a change but how hard is it to get rid of red and what...

Getting rid of red undertones [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I was originally an (artificial) caramel-blonde and decided to go dark; I got it dyed professionally and the colours were as follows: 1/2 4BBC, 1/2 5BGB + 100d (does that mean anything to anyone?). My hair went so dark, almost black but after about 2 washes it went redish and now has...

How do I get rid of the red in my hair? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, For the last two years I have been coloring my hair a deep burgundy brown, or black purple... either way there is always a lot of red in my hair and when the color starts to fade/wash out it becomes a light cherry/brown. My natural hair color is a medium brown with some blond in it...

View more questions Search