Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blacknight24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2005, 12:20 AM
    Playing DVD on Computer
    well, I have been using my computer to play DVD. However, when I was watching halfway.. the screen since to ski ski for a while than back to normal. May like to know what is the problems encounder?

Is is due to the DVD rom faulty or there is not enough ram?

My computer spec:

P4 520 (2.8MHZ)
    2 x 256 DDR2 (533MHZ)
    my DVD rom is MSI SATA

blacknight24
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2005, 06:06 AM
    Dvd skip
    Hi,
    Have you updated the files for your video card?
    It could be your card needs updating with the latest drivers (files).
    Go to the manufacturer's website for your card, and download the latest files for the card.
    This might be the cause.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    blacknight24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2005, 06:42 AM
    Thanks
    Well, Thanks..

Before I install new video driver for my computer I already facing this problems than I update new video driver the problems also still occur.
    After email to the msi official tech support they told me to bring down the rom to check which is very troublesome :confused:

What I suspect it might be the DVD burn lens start to wear off or there is in suffiecnt of the ram :confused: my background(window) application consumming lot of the ram I think so

Physical Memory(k)
    Total 523628
    Available 211420
    System cache 245072
    Thanks once again.

blacknight24

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this guy playing games w/ me? [ 5 Answers ]

all right me and this guy met on a family trip. Exchanged numbers and started talking. In the beginning he told me he didn't want a relationship. I did. He told me he wanted to be "friends w/ benefits." I agreed. The idea didn't seem too harmful, hooking up w/ a hot guy no strings attached? We only...

Playing DVDs [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a DVD you can download that actually works?My computer came with PowerDVD,but there was no audio,although I followed all the instructions.So I downloadedthe newest version,and not only was there no audio,there was no video.I tried WinDVD and Zoom Player,and it just said"no media...

PC hangs due to DVD playing! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All of you.. Well I'm kind of freaked out due to this hanging of my PC whenever I do play a DVD on my SONY COMBO ( DVD + Writer ). I have tried different softwares like " Cyberlink PowerDvD , NVidia Player , Windows Media Player 8, Real One Player V 2.0 " but of no use. Each software plays...

Dvd rom not playing films [ 2 Answers ]

Hi can you help me,I am having a problem with my dvd rom drive. I have a separate dvd rom and cd rewriter on my computer. My dvd rom is a piooneer,the problem is that it will not detect any dvd films, but does detect normal cd games etc. I have the power dvd program to play my films.but it...

Playing 95 games on xp [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to play a game for windows 95 on windows xp . I have been doing what help has told me with no success... insert disc,close window,start,my computer,click game icon,cd rom right click auto run ,select properties,select compatibility tab for 95 After all this i get a message...

View more questions Search