Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loplady2003 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2007, 05:59 AM
    Lucallback Proxy message
    When I try to shut down my computer get a message saying there is an error and this will shut down. I get this message repeatedly (6-8 times) and sometimes prevents computer from shuting down properly. Am seeing it is linked to my Nirton Antivirus from reading posts. (Very limited computer skill) Have 2006, and error started after I renewed this Dec. Anyone out there that can tell me how to make it stop or what I messed up? Thanks, loplady2003:confused:
    c_starrs Posts: 64, Reputation: 5

May 17, 2007, 11:47 AM
    The process you are referring to "Lucallback Proxy" , that's gone wrong, is the part of norton that checks if each module is needing updated (spam, auto-protect, core files) the reason your getting so many is that each module has a "Lucallback Proxy" of it's own to report to LiveUpdate. So your right, norton is the problem. (That was just so you know why this is happening).

The only solution I can think of is, save your Product Key in a text file, then completely uninstall Norton with Norton Removal Tool (donload Here). Then install again from scratch. If this doesn't work, you can always PM me, or ask norton why their product is screwing up :P

Please Rate answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blocking a Website while on a proxy Server [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way to block an individual website when someone is accessing it through a proxy server? I already have HOSTS files setup but they don't work when the computer is going through the proxy server. Thanks!- clara

Can I have proxy [ 14 Answers ]

I am living in saudi arabia, here a lot of webs closed and not allowed to open and I want to know if there way to open close web from proxy in web, so if you know that there is proxy in any site I hope that you can tell me .

Internet sharing - analog x proxy problem [ 1 Answers ]

hi, I'm having difficulty sharing Internet connection to my other PC using analog x proxy software. My type of internet connection is dial-up. I have 2 PCs at home. Computer A has pentium 4 cpu, winxp sp2 installed, hard disk partitioned in ntfs while computer b has a pentium celeron cpu,...

Proxy Server at Boarding School [ 19 Answers ]

K I go to a boarding school which has a proxy server It has surf control, doesn't allow MSN or any Music Downloader And it also won't let me play my Online game(Star Wars Galaxies) What can I do to get around this and be able to do these thing? Please reply or e-mail me...

View more questions Search