Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sos electric Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2012, 10:28 AM
    Problem with Recess Lights
    My costumer have a problem, the light bulbs in a resseset can start kliking after
    Short time of work. The max W is 75w we used 65w and still kliking,
    I moved the insulation from the and around the can, I checked the contact in the sucket,and I used switch not dimmer. Still kliking.
    Any one can help?
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2012, 11:40 AM
    Sos...
    You should start a new thread instead of inserting your question at the end of a
    Five year old question... start fresh,
    Also please include more information, how many fixtures are on this circuit?
    What size is the branch circuit breaker? Have you metered the load on this circuit?
    The more information you can provide, the more useful the answers you may get.
    sos electric Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2012, 11:18 PM
    Sorry man first time ever on the net with questions/
    He has 7 lights on the circute and the breaker for the light is 15amp
    The wire size #14 thhn. On the circute thare is no other load.
    The ressest can are not AT/IC it built before it come to be a code.
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2012, 04:00 AM
    If it is just this one fixture that is turning off, I would guess that it is the thermal overload in the fixture... does this fixture come back on after it cools down? If so, it is the thermal.
    I see two options for you, one try a lower wattage lamp. Two, replace the fixture. You really can't do much with the thermal, as far as I know they don't sell replacements. If you bypass the thermal you violate the UL listing and may allow the fixture to overheat. An old work replacement is about $25 and is the "sure" solution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I replaced pull switch lights with recess but the wall switch won't turn off the light [ 2 Answers ]

I added lights and outlets to my basement and all of the outlets work fine. Before I started the switch on the wall controlled one light and all of the others had pull strings. I've tried everything but the switch will not turn off the remaining three lights. What did I do wrong... how do I fix it?...

The upstairs lights don't work, what could the problem be? [ 1 Answers ]

The lights upstairs don't work. They all went out this morning when I tried to switch one of the lights on. We have checked the fuse box and it appears to be working fine and none of the switches has been tripped. The upstairs lighting swith controls the understairs cupboard light and that is...

Wiring 7 recess lights [ 1 Answers ]

I am using a 2 wire #14 wires and I want to diasy chain 7 can lights for my drop ceiling or do I have to go to a junction box and then star out from there? Thanks for any assistance.

Replacing a fluorescent light with recess lights [ 4 Answers ]

I'm looking to replace my old ceiling fluorescent light with four recess lights. The current light is controlled by one switch and I'd like to control all four replacements lights with the same switch. Can you please advise me how to run the wires and how to connect them from one master switch...

Fluorescent and incandescent recess lights [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 recess fluorescent lights controlled with 2 3-way switches. Can I add a incandescent recess light to this circuit? Thanks

View more questions Search