Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Smoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2007, 05:43 AM
    Stains on Barnboard panelling
    Has anyone had to try & remove staining to Barnboard panelling caused by water. I had a leak in my foundation, water leaked on the floor & the bottom of my panelling has been stained.
    Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks,

Smoe:):):)
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 9, 2007, 08:25 AM
    The stains is not actually the water but rather the pigments in the wood that the water dissolved and moved to one place. That dark line is pigmentation from several inches of wood all compressed into a 1/4 inch area. Water is the universal solvent so I'd try using it again. Add 1 oz. of wood bleach to a gallon of warm water. Wet the board thoroughly and the brush and sponge vertically to spread out the stain. Reach up to at least two feet to allow room to feather out the stain. Remember this stain is not just on the surface, it goes all the way through the board. If this works, allow to dry for a week and then use a sealer that soaks in. Unfortunately, you will get some improvement but it will never be like it was before.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maltese tear stains [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Does anyone have any suggestions for removing the red tear stains on a maltese? I have tried a product called Crystal Eye by Four Paws but have not had any success. Any suggestions or home remedies?

Stains [ 3 Answers ]

Is it true that semen stains look crusty in appearannce, while drool stains are just translucent, on like fabrics?

Brown stains in grout [ 5 Answers ]

Hello This is my first post to this site. I live in a 2 year old high rise (poured concrete) condo building. In one bath I have brown spots in the grout that disappear when I apply bleach but return in 3 days to a week in the same spots. I used a carbide grout scraper and removed as much of...

Deck Stains [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Folks can any one point me in the right direction in choosing a good deck stain... Something that will. LAST... Thanks much...

View more questions Search