Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nain92 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2012, 08:24 PM
    I have mirena and think maybe pregnant
    Hi I have 3 kids I'm 22 yrs old and I've had mirena for one yr already but I've been having really weird symptoms cramping ,urinating frequently nausea bad headaches but the worst is the cramps I check my strings but I don't feel them I feel something different its like hard when I touch it and it somethimes hurt when I'm with my husband I'm confused can someone help I don't know what to do thank u
    Burtney_682 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2012, 12:56 AM
    Hello!

I also have the Mirena IUD. I experience random cramping that can be quite painful at times, but nothing compared to the monthly cramps I had before. I would definitely call your doctor. I'm not certified in any way, but not being able to feel the strings and feeling pain during intercourse sounds like there might be a problem.

Intrauterine Device (IUD) Birth Control and Side Effects

Here is a website that provides more information and you could check to see if you have any of the symptoms that are a cause for concern. It says that not being able to feel the strings could just mean that they have coiled up and are just hard to find. The hard part that you feel could be the end of the IUD that slipped out of place. Good luck! I hope everything is OK and that you feel better soon!

Sep 18, 2012, 02:38 PM
    Ok thank u that info really helped me :-)

Sep 18, 2012, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Burtney_682 View Post
    Hello!

I also have the Mirena IUD. I experience random cramping that can be quite painful at times, but nothing compared to the monthly cramps I had before. I would definitely call your doctor. I'm not certified in any way, but not being able to feel the strings and feeling pain during intercourse sounds like there might be a problem.

Intrauterine Device (IUD) Birth Control and Side Effects

Here is a website that provides more information and you could check to see if you have any of the symptoms that are a cause for concern. It says that not being able to feel the strings could just mean that they have coiled up and are just hard to find. The hard part that you feel could be the end of the IUD that slipped out of place. Good luck! I hope everything is ok and that you feel better soon!
    thank u the info really helped me I would see my doc asap my cramps or back pain are getting worse

Sep 18, 2012, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nain92 View Post
    thank u the info really helped me I would see my doc asap my cramps or back pain are getting worse
    Let me know how it goes! I hope the pain goes away soon. I remember that first week when I got the IUD was horrible!

Nov 1, 2012, 08:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Burtney_682 View Post
    Let me know how it goes! I hope the pain goes away soon. I remember that first week when I got the IUD was horrible!
    So I did went to my doctor and my mirena was out so they took it out and they put me a new one but this time I think this one hurted really bad I couldn't stand the cramps the first day but right know maybe I have like a month with the new mirena but I'm having the same symptoms my husband tells me that he feels it and I'm having cramps frequently and spotting I don't know if that's normal I don't know what to now I think I'm going to get something else like the shot because this isn't. Working for me:-(

Nov 5, 2012, 09:33 PM
    So I did went to my doctor and my mirena was out so they took it out and they put me a new one but this time I think this one hurted really bad I couldn't stand the cramps the first day but right know maybe I have like a month with the new mirena but I'm haveing the same symptoms my husband tells me that he feels it and I'm having cramps frequently and spotting idk if that's normal idk what to now I think I'm going to get something else like the shot because this isn't. Working for me:-(
    I believe that mild cramps and spotting are normal, but if the mirena isn't working for you then it's not worth the pain! Maybe give it another month? I understand, getting that put in is terrible!

When I first got the mirena I had horrible cramps and spotting for the first week, but after that it's been smooth sailing. Be careful with the depo shot, it can cause big hormonal changes and I've heard women have a hard time getting pregnant for more than 6 months after stopping the depo shot.

They need to figure out this birth control for men so they can go through the symptoms! ;) I hope you find something that works for you and doesn't give you so much trouble! Good luck!

Nov 7, 2012, 04:16 PM
    [QUOTE=Burtney_682;3316414]I believe that mild cramps and spotting are normal, but if the mirena isn't working for you then it's not worth the pain! Maybe give it another month? I understand, getting that put in is terrible!

When I first got the mirena I had horrible cramps and spotting for the first week, but after that it's been smooth sailing. Be careful with the depo shot, it can cause big hormonal changes and I've heard women have a hard time getting pregnant for more than 6 months after stopping the depo shot.

They need to figure out this birth control for men so they can go through the symptoms! ;) I hope you find something that works for you and doesn't give you so much trouble! Good luck![/QUOT]. I'm really confused with the mirena is it normal to have normal periods I have like 7 days with my period already ; and yes men should go through the same as us woman its not fair lol ; do u know any other birth control but one that doesn't like make u get chunky lol I've been having trouble losing weight and don't want to gain more.

Nov 7, 2012, 06:09 PM
    I'm really confused with the mirena is it normal to have normal periods I have like 7 days with my period already ; and yes men should go through the same as us woman its not fair lol ; do u know any other birth control but one that doesn't like make u get chunky lol I've been having trouble losing weight and don't want to gain more.
    Personally, I haven't had a period since I got the mirena, but everyone is different. To see a change you might have to wait 3 months or more. Weight gain is common with the depo shot. I'm biased, I've had the depo shot before but I didn't like the side effects. I felt moody and off.

Other than pills and patches, you could try the birth control implant? Here's a website with more info:

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/hea...lanon-4243.htm

I'm hoping that this would be a good option for you. You wouldn't have to worry about taking a pill, it's effective and you wouldn't have to worry about your guy feeling it during sex or it moving.

Maybe wait a couple months for the mirena? Since you went through the trouble of getting it put in (ouch!).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant while on Mirena [ 0 Answers ]

I just found today that I'm pregnant. I was on the mirena for 4 years and almost 2 months. My doctor took out the mirena since I'm still in the early stages of my pregnancy. I have read that women have gotten pregnant on the mirena as well. But my question is how does the mirena affect the baby...

How do I get pregnant with the Mirena? [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get pregnant with Mirena? I have had period for the first year that I have had it I have had it almost 2 years now and I haven't had a period for two months

Am I pregnant with the Mirena? [ 1 Answers ]

I have had the Mirena for almost two years will be in April.. I haven't had a period in a year it went away completely I had unprotected sex two weeks ago today and for the past week I have been so sick to my stomach, been throwing up just about every morning and craving weird things but losing...

Pregnant with mirena? [ 3 Answers ]

So, I'm new here and I hope I'm posting in the right spot. Anyway, I got the mirena about 8 months ago. Typically I have pregnancy symptoms, but this time I wanted to test. I tested 5 days ago, but didn't look at it until after the time limit, but it did show a positive. The next morning to be...

View more questions Search