Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2007, 05:01 AM
    Email font file for installation on another computer?
    I've got font files on this computer but not at home. Both are WindowsXP.

Can I simply email (or copy to flash drive) the .ttf files from C/Windows/Fonts then save them to my other computer (c/windows/fonts, of course) and they'll work no problem?

Thanks!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 9, 2007, 05:05 AM
    Yes
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 9, 2007, 06:59 AM
    Not quite. You have to install them on the other computer, not just copy them.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2007, 07:04 AM
    Interesting. I just emailed myself, accessed the home computer via Logmein.com, saved the ttf files to c/windows/fonts... and my programs recognize them no problem.

... only after that did I notice the File > Install Font option in my Control Panel/Fonts folder.

... what's the difference between just dropping the files into the windows/fonts folder (which, apparently, works) and using the Control Panel's File>Install Font option?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 9, 2007, 07:16 AM
    Hmm, Maybe with XP, just dropping them in the Fonts folder installs them. But fonts don't need to be in the Fonts folder to be used. So that's when the install must be used.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Mar 9, 2007, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ
    Interesting. I just emailed myself, accessed the home computer via Logmein.com, saved the ttf files to c/windows/fonts...and my programs recognize them no problem.

...only after that did I notice the File > Install Font option in my Control Panel/Fonts folder.

...what's the difference between just dropping the files into the windows/fonts folder (which, apparently, works) and using the Control Panel's File>Install Font option?
    It is something interesting to know that fonts worked in your pc by dropping them to the fonts folder. Normally the fonts are to be installed in your PC to be able to use them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Email Our troops and be email pen pals [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know how we can email our women and men serving our country. I think it would be great to have overseas pen pals. To be able to talk to them, and let them know we support them . And give the other people to talk to state side.

Email access from a different computer [ 0 Answers ]

My question is simply this. I am attempting to get my email from my MSN email name but I have had to go to a different computer and MSN doesn't seem to recognize my password from this computer when I try to login?

Change font color in outlook express email [ 0 Answers ]

My Outlook Express will not let me change font color. Can you please help? Otto Greer [email protected]

View more questions Search