Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    longdriver2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2012, 01:44 PM
    Math word problems help
    Melody, brenda and vaughen are friends they meet once a week for dinner. Each girl drinks cheery cola or lemonade during the meal. If melody drinks cherry cola. Then brenda drinks the beverage vaughan drinks. If brenda drinks cherry cola, then melody drinks the beverage that vaughan doesn't drink. If vaugan drinks lemonaid, then melody drinks the beverage that brenda drinks.
    Which one of the girls always drinks the same beverage, and which beverage does she drink
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 17, 2012, 06:46 PM
    This is homework help. You must post an attempt at an answer and then we will help you.
    longdriver2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2012, 11:46 AM
    I wrote down all the possible orders.

M; L L L C C C L C
    B; L L C L C L C C
    V; L C L L L C C C
    Then I started crossing off combinations that violate the rules. For example, the last column has everyone drinking Cherry Cola, but the rule says that if Brenda has cherry cola, Melody and Vaughn don't have the same beverage, so I crossed out the last column. I continued to cross columns based on the rules and got the answer of Melody and Brenda - lemonade from column 2.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with math word problems [ 0 Answers ]

A facility has 59 Medicare cases that are assigned to DRG 175 which has a Relative weight of 0.9557. If the hospital PPS rate is $4,200, what Is the total reimbursement for all of the cases?

Help with math word problems [ 0 Answers ]

Mr. Smith's garden is 30 ft long and 21 ft wide and he would like to put a chain fence around it. The chain costs $5.00 a yard (3ft=1yd). He will support the chain by putting a metal post in each of the 4 corners and additional posts every 3 ft. The post cost $2.00 each. What is the total cos of...

Math word problems help [ 1 Answers ]

Laurence is painting the walls and ceiling of a rectangular bedroom that is 3 m by 4.5 m. The walls are 2.5 m high. There is a window measuring 1 m by 0.8 m on one wall and a door that is 1 m by 2.3 m in another wall. If a can of paint covers 20 m2 and costs $38.95, what will it cost Laurence...

Help with math word problems? [ 3 Answers ]

Natasha stole three fewer bases than twice the number Elena stole. If Natasha stole 15 bases, how many did Elena steal?

Math word problems [ 3 Answers ]

A fire truck parks 16 ft away from a buliding. The fire truck extends its ladder 30 ft. How far up the building from the truck's roof does the extension ladder reach?? :P :-/

View more questions Search