Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lionsden123456 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2012, 11:45 AM
    MBA degree - is it worth it?
    I will graduating in a few months with the coveted MBA. I am totaling up the costs and I am gun shy on admitting the total. I will soon be making payments to pay off this obligation. I guess I am thinking out load and asking myself is it worth it? What are your thoughts?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2012, 11:55 AM
    Who do you owe the obligation to? Why would you take out a loan to pay off another loan?

About was it worth it? Odds are it will be... besides... if the money was already spent, and you have the degree... itsn't it a moot issue at this point?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 17, 2012, 12:04 PM
    Are these 5 kids worth the expense? Is this nice house worth the mortgage? Were those 2 years on an ashram worth the career years lost? Should I have sold that 1952 Corvette? Should I have married Julia instead of Marie?

We ask ourselves coulda-woulda-shoulda questions all our lives long, most of us anyway.
    We are still in a bad economy, so high paying jobs will be hard to find, but that expensive MBA will get you something. Then it's all about how you apply yourself using what you know.
    lionsden123456 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2012, 08:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Who do you owe the obligation to? Why would you take out a loan to pay off another loan?

About was it worth it? Odds are it will be....besides...if the money was already spent, and you have the degree....itsn't it a moot issue at this point?
    Yes... agreed the issue is moot since I will be done with school in a few months. I know it will be worth it in the long run -- just a bit scary when you total up all the student loans.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2012, 04:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lionsden123456 View Post
    Yes...agreed the issue is moot since I will be done with school in a few months. I know it will be worth it in the long run -- just a bit scary when you total up all the student loans.
    It only seems this way while you are paying it off that loan... but once you have that's money in your pocket. And that will pass far faster then you might think.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ms mba dual degree or mba in biotechnology.. which is better? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello Sir, I have completed my BE Biotechnology this year and nw preparing for cat and othe mba entrance exams. I just came across MS MBA dual degree, 3 years program in USA. Is it beneficial in terms of job oportunities and future prospects in India? Or MBA in India from best B-School is better...

I need a research topic in finance for my mba degree [ 3 Answers ]

I need a research topic in finance for my mba degree

MBA degree holder, wish to work as a teacher [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I'm MBA n want to become a primary school teacher. I'm in Wilsonville Oregon. #plzz tell me how to rase credentials in Oregon. #do I need to do certification(have 3 year working experience ,but in INDIA).

Delhi mba degree [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know about jamia milia islamia unversity

View more questions Search