Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sargent chas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2012, 08:38 AM
    Briggs & stratton 14 hp
    Murray lawn tractor has been sitting for 3 yrs, cleaned carb and tank replaced fuel pump no run
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Sep 24, 2012, 09:48 AM
    You need to figure out whether the problem is gas or spark. Try pulling the spark plug to see if it is clean and dry. If it is put it back in and try spraying some carburetor cleaner into the carb and see if it runs on that. If it does then it is still a gas problem. If it doesn't then you ned to figure out if it's getting spark.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs & stratton 12.5 [ 8 Answers ]

My husband has an MTD with a b and s 12.5. It has run weill with some babying for a while, now. One day he was running ti and he heard a loud POP , and that was the end. It has new solenoid, starter, bettery and a few other things . The key is it is GETTING gas into the bowl, but not going ...

19.5 IC Briggs & Stratton [ 7 Answers ]

Won't turn over, removed pistons and it turns over, removed both compression rings and it still turned over. With the rings in the motor will not turn over. Can anyone help? I'm out of ideas.

Briggs & Stratton 18 hp [ 1 Answers ]

I have a troy built riding mower with an 18 horse briggs... this starter gear often sticks in the fly wheel and will not start unless you turn the fly wheel back by hand... I have replaced the starter and still have the same problem... the engine runs fine at all speeds but the problem still exists...

View more questions Search