Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carrie_mamma20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2012, 05:03 PM
    Howard county laws on incarcerated person signing birth certificate
    Can the father of my baby sign the birth certificate of our daughter while being incarcerated at the Howard County Jail?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2012, 05:29 PM
    Would this be Howard County MD, or some other Howard County?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 16, 2012, 05:39 PM
    Yes the state is important. In many states the parents don't sign the birth certificate. But he can sign an acknowledgment of paternity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My fiancé signing birth certificate [ 5 Answers ]

Im not sure the father (no negative comments please) who he is. One possibility is a drug user and I have a picture he put on fb using needles. My current fiancé I was going to let him sign the birth certificate and send it off. He's been with me before she was born n takes care of her. THe drug...

Birth Certificate Signing Question [ 13 Answers ]

I'm in a relationship with a woman who happened to find out that she was pregnant from her ex on our first date. I am not the one to judge because I have a 2-year old. The ex wants nothing to do with it and even stated that he wants to lose all rights for the expected baby. I plan on continuing our...

Signing birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

I am going through this same thing but how can you get into trouble? WHAT IF she didn't know who was the dad between the two of them and the boyfriend married her before the baby came?

Do you need an ID when signing a birth certificate if you are under 18? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 15 and my girlfriend is pregnant and she is due any day now. She is 16, and a friend of the family told me that in the state of Florida you have to have some form of state identification in order to sign the birth certificate. I was just wondering if that was true? And will I be able to sign...

Possible father signing the Birth Certificate [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, I am 4 months pregnant. There are two possible fathers to my child and I am unsure who is the biological one. One of the guys, I haven't spoken to in over 3 months, and the other is set on being the father, he has taken me to doctor appointments, he wants the baby to have his lastname and be...

View more questions Search