Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allen_Blade Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 10:41 PM
    I cant forget my first
    Ok, so its been 3 years since I dated my first girlfriend. It was on and off for 4 years almost, we split up and got back together at least 15 times. She was my first everything, my first love my first kiss my first... well, you know... everything. So I've moved on since then, I'm 21 and I've had 3 real gfs (9 if you include internet) since then. My now 4th and current girlfriend and I have been together over 7 months. The only problem is I still have feelings for my first who I still talk to on rare occasion, but probably not anymore since she had a kid with someone. I love my current girlfriend so much, and she treats me so much better then my 1st ever did. Id never leave my current, but these feelings for my ex are annoying and getting in the way of me being truly happy. Can someone please help. What can I do to forget my ex?
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2007, 01:19 AM
    Your first love is always your first love. What you need to remember is the course of action your relationship took, splitting up 15 times over 4 years... is a great deal of emotion!

Think of her as the past and you learn from your mistakes!

You expressed that you love your current girlfriend and besides that she treats you so much better, so what more do you want.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2007, 02:12 AM
    Hey first love, its amazing. You will allays hold a special part in your heart for that person. It might be that you never forget her, until your dying breath. Perhaps its best you stop contact with your 1st and ex's generally until you feel you can move on appropriately. Why give up what you have? It may start to become an issue in your relationship if these feelings start to become more prevalent.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 9, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Forgetting that first love is not humanly possible. Enjoy the memories they will be there the rest of your life. That's no reason not to move on with your life and enjoy what you have now.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 9, 2007, 04:56 PM
    It is 35 plus years but I still remember mine like it was yesterday, she will always have a special place in my heart. Her name was Wendy and she still has a special place in my "heart" not a ruling place, and not a place that causes pain, but a place of fond memories. Yes after all these years I as you may well also, remember that first kiss, that first hug and that first... well you know that also.

What you have to separate is memory, reality, and not let a memory destroy your current relationships.

If it starts causing you problems in relationships, you should get counseling to help you put it in the right part of your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I can't forget my Ex [ 11 Answers ]

Well its been 4 years already I don't know how she feels but to me that was the most beautiful thing that happened to me this girl I dated for almost a year moved and we had a fight before she left but I never stopped loving her and I think about her day and night and I don't know what to do I...

Ask her out or forget [ 8 Answers ]

There is this girl and I like her but I don't want to like her. See, we went out once before and broke up when she was cheating on me. We almoost got back together again but she thought I was a jerk for flirting with other girls. She had an attitude about that for a long time. Now she's over it and...

How to forget him [ 2 Answers ]

I was never sucesssful in love before because despite of loving them so much they never loved me back but I was always hurt due to my true feeling these expeirnces made me very insecure and unlucky ,I'm beautiful but still then this guy came andi was in a relation ship with him for more than two...

I can't forget him! Help please [ 10 Answers ]

I went out with this guy for a month and then broke up with me about a week after I refused to give him head. He went out with one of my friends a while beofre me and proudly bragged about using her so everyone has told me that he used me too and I when I didn't "put out" either he broke up with...

I can't forget him [ 4 Answers ]

About 2 years ago my 8 year old boyfriend broke up with me. He was the man of my life, we'd been together since I was almost 16 and I practically come to this country just for him. We've never stop seen each other really; sometimes he calls me, sometimes its me, but the true is that he only do it...

View more questions Search