Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffheath123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2012, 10:32 PM
    I want to remove a built in web cam from an apple moniter and use it as a camera
    I want to use the built in webcam, connect it to a transmitter so that my computer can see it.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 16, 2012, 05:49 PM
    Depending on you technical experience you might be better off just buying something off the shelf. Webcams aren't that expensive anymore and it will save you major hassles.

Sep 16, 2012, 09:49 PM
    I am a doit yourselfer and I would love to try this project. Any help would be appreated. I want to use a built in webcam as a spy wirless camera
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 17, 2012, 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffheath123 View Post
    i am a doit yourselfer and i would love to try this project. any help would be appreated. i want to use a built in webcam as a spy wirless camera
    Being a D-I-Yer is one thing. But this is ridiculous. You could easily ruin the MAC. In addition, spy cameras can be illegal in most places.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2012, 08:53 AM
    Well I could figure out how to do this on a PC/laptop fairly easily but on a Mac there would be a lot less options.

Sep 17, 2012, 10:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Well I could figure out how to do this on a PC/laptop fairly easily but on a Mac there would be a lot less options.
    How do you doit on a pc/laptop?

Sep 17, 2012, 10:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Being a D-I-Yer is one thing. But this is ridiculous. You could easily ruin the MAC. In addition, spy cameras can be illegal in most places.
    The mac was free so I removed parts and scraped the rest.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Sep 18, 2012, 06:39 AM
    Quick point the web cam is not a user serviceable item on any current Mac line so removal will void any applicable warranty and possibly the warranty on other components contained in the same housing.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2012, 06:43 AM
    Well he did get it free. I'm assuming it's off warranty. Sounds like the demantling has already happened. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Web cam? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a webcam, but when we bought our new computer we couldn't find the disk I browsed the internet and its called a VP-EYE... but I was wondering if anyone knew how to install it without a disc..

Web Cam [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently bought a cheap web cam for my brothers computer. I downloaded MSN Messenger, which is what I have for mine, and it is drawing all kinds of errors. I find out that his internet provider is Turner and I think AOL based and not Microsoft Messenger friendly. How do I get this to...

Web Cam on XP [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to install my webcam onto XP and when loading I get an error saying ' The file "omcam USD.D11" on dual mode PC camera driver disk is needed' I have the installation disk so is there something on XP I need to change? The cam (cheap one) is a spacecam200 from itrust.

View more questions Search