Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roddilla Posts: 145, Reputation: 3

Sep 15, 2012, 06:09 AM
    Internet Connections
    I cannot understand why lately internet browsing is very fast (as it was before) but online gaming (namely FIFA ONLINE 2) has become slow to load but while playing the football match it is fast (thus not the graphics card or RAM ecc.). Any suggestions?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 15, 2012, 07:51 AM
    Routing issues with your ISP.
    Didn't I already advise you to contact them directly?

Sep 15, 2012, 08:12 AM
    BUt what am I going to tell them and if they come and check they will find the Internet running very fast!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 15, 2012, 08:38 AM
    Explain what you have posted here, it's that simple.
    They don't need to visit your house at all, but look at your settings and network routing on their end..
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Sep 15, 2012, 06:36 PM
    If you are using a router this is a common problem...

With PS3 and Xbox 360 there is something you can check called NAT settings.

You need an OPEN NAT, which means you have more ports open to allow your console/PC to transmit on specific ports.

Easiest way to resolve the problem (again if you have a router or a gateway) then login to the router/gateway and set the device your using to DMZ... you'll need to know the IP of your PC/console on the network... run an ipconfig on your PC and set that IP as your DMZ on your router/gateway.

Sep 16, 2012, 04:51 AM
    I appreciate a lot your help but I have a castlenet router and I don't know how to set it to DMZ. If fact when I went to the DMZ section and entered my IP there was this message: The router cannot be configured as the DMZ. Thanks for your help still

Sep 16, 2012, 04:53 AM
    My Ip ends in .1 and the above appeared; then I typed .10 and it worked; could it be that I have done it right? Thanks again

Sep 16, 2012, 05:46 AM
    Ok no problem. I found out that it didn't end in .1 but .14 (I used the cmd to find out). Thanks for your help. I think it helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting 3 computers without internet connections [ 1 Answers ]

Can I connect 3 computers to one printer without internet connection... if yes what is the default ip address please also can u give me link which will guide me with the same regard step by step... Avinash Gowda

Dual Internet connections [ 1 Answers ]

Connect two internet connections to 2 6509 chassis /128 static ip range to switch A and then do the same to switch B Each switch will use the directly connected network as primary. Two vlans configured using these networks.

Internet connections [ 9 Answers ]

How can I block users w/ notebook and laptops from using my home internet connection? I am not good w/ computers at all so I have no clue! My nephew who has laptop and is not allowed on internet (unless at home w/ parents under supervision) is able to connect when he comes over. Im assuming he is...

1 PC 2 Network Cards 2 Internet Connections [ 7 Answers ]

I have a single PC running Windows XP Pro w/ SP2 that has 2 network cards. I need to configure things to use the first network card and the first Internet connection for FTP client and server use and ALL web browsing. Then I need to configure the second network card to connect to the office...

Internet connections [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it hard to connect dell computers to the internet?

View more questions Search